Roydell

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by arcticboy, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arcticboy

arcticboy Guest

Is Roydell Williams hurt or something? Haven't heard anything about him this offseason and I liked what I saw from him last year, good hands and made a few tough catches and absorbed some big hits while hanging on to the ball.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

He's returning from a what -- wrist injury? Something like that. He'll be back in June I believe Fish said.

I like Roydell a lot myself. I think he is one of the few players Kiper was actually on point about. RW doesn't have top end speed, but he sure put on a couple of good moves as a rookie to gain separation. I hope the coaches find more ways to get him the ball.

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

He broke his wrist and had to have it surgically repaired. I was really impressed by his ability to find the opening in the zone in the middle of the field and still have the concentration to hang onto the ball as he was getting crushed. Certainly hard not to like what he did last yr.

4. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

Yeah he was very consistent and he laid it all on the line.
    I also like Brandon Jones!

5. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Anyone heard anything on Roby? With Givens, Bennett, Jones, and Roydell all out you would think it would clearly be his time to shine

6. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Dang I hope all these injuries clear up before Camp so they can get some good work in.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Injuries dont clear up in Tennessee. They linger and linger, cripling the team.

8. I liked Roydell, especially that Twinkle Toes catch he made for a TD

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I hate the Jones injury most of all. He seemed to be coming along nicely until that injury, then he came back and hurt it again... then he was on crutches last I heard... most injured one of the lot. I hope he's back soon. I hear the injury was pretty serious. I have heard that he is a real class guy. You know, the type of guy you want on the roster... good on the field, good in the locker room... only makes the news (off field) when he is helping old ladies cross the street and taking orphans to Nashville Sounds games and the like... Like that Jones kid. Yup.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Yeah, just an arm injury, should be back for June camp I believe. I've loved RW, and was glad he actually lived up to the hype. He was a lot of fun to watch at Tulane.

Good point about Roby, you'd think with so many other WRs out we'd be hearing about him and getting valuable reps in, but no, we've got headlines about Wade, Calico, and Mattos, that's right, Mattos. I was a little disappointed in Roby out of the three rookie WRs last year. Possibly because I'm a RW homer, but while roby got some catches in, he never really stood out. He had a good game against oakland, but still had short YPC. We saw some great plays from BJ, and a couple of deep highlight reel catches from RW, but I'd love to see Roby show up a little more. Maybe he'll end up being the quiet, possession receiver. Certainly couln't complain about that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar