Round 4 and on........

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by LazyManJackson, Apr 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guys, what position are we in on the second day of the draft, I mean what are we looking to do, tackle weaknesses, add depth, find a bargain player:))

I'm intrigued, IMO, I believe that we should get an O-Line player with our 4th round pick, that or a RB that has slipped down the draft right into our hands:winker:

Thoughts, opinions?

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

We draft BPA I think, it's hard to say who that would be. We probably pick up one additional DB and an O-lineman and a linebacker for special teams.

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Greg Eslinger if he drops...

4. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Mel Kiper Jr. on ESPN Motion (along with Chris Morterson and the other guy) have been discussing teams draft picks amongst themselves. He said the Titans have needs at RT, MLB, CB, (didn't mention S) and RB. He said they'll have to have a good draft; and every round after the 1st is "where they make their money" (they being the scouting staff).

5. How about nicking a ecent RB in the 4th rooudn eh, that would be great!

That or a decent O-Line player will be nice

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

It would be almost impossible to get a RB better than the 2 we have in any round later than 2.

7. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Don't we still have the kid from Mizzou (5th rounder) from last year? He might be ready to break out, or at least get some clock. Then there's Sweetness Jr, too...

Lots of options in the later rounds, IMHO...Depth like crazy, maybe a chance pick - I'm sure someone will drop (a la Earnest Shazor last year)

8. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Damien Nash. He was a character concern but I think he'll be ahead of Payton on the depth chart this year if he performs in work outs.

9. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

That's the one, thanks. Don't know why, but my brain froze (and I'm too lazy to go look it up:drool: )

10. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I think we most definatly go with the BPA... we have depth at CB (jones, hill, woolfolk, beckem, garderner.... i didnt say quality) so thats not neccessarily a need. We have alot of young depth at OL and i think its way to early to say stewart and loper arent the future at RT. We have depth at Saftey and hopefully Fuller will come a long.

We really need depth at LB... weve lost Kassel Calmus eventually Sirmon... can you name another LB and are any of the quality?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar