Rough player comparisons

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Soxcat, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

2. Reggie Bush - Marshall Faulk

Tough call there, i would say he is more of a Curtis Martin type player

3. bob45x32

bob45x32 Starter

I Dont Think You Can Comepare Reggie Bush To Anyone. He is the Most Complete College Back I hAveEver seen

4. maximus

maximus Starter

Then you havent seen many. Reggie Bush is not a between the tackles runner. One of the best rescent all round college backs would have to be LT or DeAngelo Williams

5. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

Curtis Martin would be one of the last players I compare Reggie to. Martin is NOWHERE near as quick, explosive, or versatile as Reggie. Marshall Faulk is the best comparison for him. Of course there's no guarantee that Reggie will be as great as Marshall was, but skillset wise, they are the most comparable.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Marshall Faulk is the best comparison considering there is no one in the NFL except Faulk that would do Bush justice.

Curtis Martin is certainly a poor comparison. Not because Martin is a bad player but Bush is more a homerun threat and pas catcher. Martin is a solid grind it our RB. Martin ran for over 1600 yards in 2004 and only had 7 runs of over 20 yards. Bush is more like Faulk, a guy who could have about 1000 yards rushing and another 1000 yards receiving.

7. PragIdealist

PragIdealist Guest

I know its kind of silly, but these comparisons kind of irritated me.

I see Young more as a more athletic Mcnair and I think Cutler is closer to Favre. I also dont see Brady in Lienart. Brady's arm is stronger and his attitude better.

These comparisons are silly anyway even if all these guys are as successful as the ones they are compared to, they are still going to be quite different and unique....:hmm:

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

What part of that is NOT Randall Cunningham?

9. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

I think most people would disagree and say DeAngelo Williams who many thought was NFL Ready coming out of High School (if I'm not mistaken?)

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

a few Titan comparisons there.

Troupe, Thompson, Bulluck, Hartwig

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar