Roster predictions...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Jun 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Roydell would be the only one of the 3 that would be re-signed unless Jones or J-Mac have awesome years.

2. reo

reo Starter

If what I've heard is true MW is looking REALLY good.

3. reo

reo Starter

Imho and i'm perfectly fine w/ agreeing to disagree but imo you're WAY overvaluing Roydell just like people did for Odom and LaBoy. He's average. His stats were average last year. Gage outplayed him and he didn't start until Jones was hurt. RW started all year and was outplayed by a guy that got his spot around week 9. Roydell's not that fast. He's not quick. He's not that big. He runs bad routes a lot and his hands are inconsistent.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

ironic considering alot of people felt BJ was the #1 heading into last season
    which is why I say just because Gage got a new deal and McCareins was a free agent acquisition that it doesn't mean squat

hell, just to go against the grain, I'm gonna say I hope we have a trio of Williams' start !

5. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

I agree with everything in this post. Makes perfect sense to me. Another thing I just found. Roydell is already 27. You wouldn't think so.

6. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

That would be great. Mike would be the huge red-zone guy, Paul would be the fast and big guy, and Roydell would be the shifty WR.

7. reo

reo Starter

yeah, BJ's main problem is that he'll get caught in a numbers crunch at WR. as a general rule when you've got 4 really good 1st or 2nd year guys that are relative unkowns then you just can't afford to keep a 4th or 5th year vet that's had plenty of chances, instead of a younger guy... especially if that vet is in a contract year. Even if Jones plays great... the question will be did he just play great b/c it was a contract year? For him to stick around, imo he'll need to win a starting spot and that'll take a HUGE camp.

And if Gage and McCareins are starters then the same goes for Roydell.

And again, if what i've heard is true, MWs isn't on the verge of getting cut... actually he's on the opposite end of the spectrum.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Bired Ealy is as good as gone IMO.

9. reo

reo Starter

yeah except Roydell is no where near shift :)

10. reo

reo Starter

That was my initial thought too... but it really seems that Dinger likes him which kind of threw me for a loop. He was running w/ the 2nd team in minicamps and then ran in the slot w/ the 1's too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar