Roster predictions...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Jun 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

At least at this point, Roydell and Brandon Jones have to be considered more valuable/likely to make the team than Paul Williams, Mike Williams, or Chris Davis. Why? Because they've shown that they can do it. No, not be superstars, no, maybe not even be the #1, but they've both shown significant production. They've both been slowed a little by injuries, but you don't throw away young players who have been able to make the team before and get on the field. Roydell had some beautiful TDs last season. Everyone is pissed at Jones for dropping a ball in the Colts game, but he has shown decent production when not injured, and has potential to be a #1.

Chris Davis? Reo, you've been impressed by his 5 NFL catches? Paul Williams? What were you impressed with there, his high draft place? Because you sure as heck didn't see him on the field. Mike Williams, yes, we've been "hearing things," but this time of year that doesn't mean much. I'd love it if he finally got it through his head that he needs to work his butt off to be an NFL player, but I'm sure not betting on it. I'm betting on the two guys who have 1000 receiving yards a piece in the NFL.

The contract point is more reasonable, but is too far out for those decisions to be made right now. If Jones, Roydell, and J-Mac are 3 of our 4 best WRs, then they'll make the team, not the guys who've never seen a real game because of potential.

2. reo

reo Starter

*shrug* I've made my case and don't feel like making it again. I've said before that I really couldn't care less if anyone else agrees w/ me or not. Jones is on the outside looking in. Roydell's best chance of making it will be if he's PUP'd. But on the note of Davis, I will say that he STARTED in the slot early last year. That's saying a lot for a Fisher coached team. Apparently they've seem something that you guys haven't. He lost his spot b/c of fumbles but fumbling can be fixed.

We'll just have to wait and see :) and btw when I was talking about MWs, I wasn't talking about the articles. I keep hearing from various people that've seen him that he's looked really good out there on the field. But again.. *shrug* take it as a rumor.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It's fine to make this statement. IF you can back it up with even a slight amount of reason to think so. Otherwise, you know, everyone's going to think you're crazy. lol
    And Davis fumbles due to fear of getting hit, and that can't be fixed.

4. reo

reo Starter

Imo people seriously overvalue Roydell in the same way they've overvalued Odom and LaBoy. I'm fine w/ people thinking I'm crazy. Among other things, people blasted me for saying we wouldn't resign either Odom or LaBoy and people really called me crazy for saying Chris Johnson could very well be our 1st rounder.

And Davis's fumbles weren't due to him being afraid of getting hit :rolleyes: They were due to him trying to do too much and trying to make one last move and when he did the ball got away from his body and it was easy to knock loose. I remember one specifically where he caught a helmet to the ball. Another where he made a cut and his arm w/ the ball went way out high away from his body so it was easily punched out and I remember a couple where he screwed up some punts by not focusing on the ball or calling a fair catch when he should've.

Those things can be fixed.

5. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Going by what Dinger has said, it's not that crazy of a statement. He's said that EVERYONE is starting off with a clean slate. Meaning that all the WR spots are going to be determined from May-August. If Roydell can't get on the field in that span of time, then he may be SOL.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

You've used this sentence at least 5-6 times in this same thread. Please, don't feel the need to repeat it again. At least say it some different way.

Feel free to stick with Davis over Roydell or Jones, we'll see who is on the team week 1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar