Roster predictions...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Jun 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Roydell had 2 more td's than Gage and Gage barely had more yards. Just because he didn't start didn't mean he did not play. When did we start talking about Gage?

2. reo

reo Starter

When we started talking about who was starting and discussing Roydell's stats.

And yeah but he did it from fewer plays. Not starting doesn't mean he didn't play but it does mean he got fewer plays, a lot fewer.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I already know Gage is #1 were discussing #2. Which is either J-Mac or Roydell.

4. reo

reo Starter

Judging from a lot of articles on camps and rumors about camp, it seems pretty obvious that Dinger really likes McCareins so I just figured it was a obvious that he'd be a starter barring someone like Mike Williams making a huge leap... which is possible.

5. reo

reo Starter

Would you agree that Jones is fighting for his job b/c of the above reasons?

If so if Roydell falls behind Gage and McCareins, would you agree that Roydell would be in the same spot as Jones and thus fighting for his job?

b/c if so then we're just discussing who should be the 1 and 2, in which case, we could just agree to disagree b/c you think more highly of Roydell than me and that's fine.

6. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Last year's stats have nothing to do with Roydell being safe or not. Dinger has said himself that each and every WR is starting out with a clean slate. Because of his injury, Roydell is in serious trouble, I'd say.

Gage is the only safe one, and that has more to do with his extension than anything else.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I wouldn't put too much into the Dinger/McCareins thing. Obviously, Dinger likes him but McCareins is going to have to show a lot more than he did for the Jets last year to make the roster, IMO.

And this may be a situation where he needs to clearly outplay the younger guys who have upside.

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

my guess is that we go with MW, Gage, Jamc, Ealy, Hawkins, and Davis. We PUP Roydell to keep him on the roster.

I go with Davis because he is our best punt returner and unless someone else steps up he is the guy. Carr really didn't do real well on PR in oakland and CJ never did it in college so Davis is our guy. Obviously if someone else shows they can return punts then Davis is gone.

I think PW will land on our practice squad. I don't see another team saving a roster spot for a guy that has never played a down in the NFL and has gotten beaten out by the mediocre talent that we have on the roster.

So I think we have 3 outside guys in Gage, MW, JMac. Ealy who will play outside and in the slot and 2 slot guys in Hawkins and Davis. Again I think Davis's spot is very tenuous because if CJ shows he can play out of the slot then it certainly minimizes Davis's role.

9. reo

reo Starter

I'd say its highly unlikely that PW gets cut.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Davis fumbles too much to be on the field. As soon as he's touched he drops the ball.
    And I don't think Paul Williams would make a team in our flag football league.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar