Roster cuts?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansrule00000, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Yea after the cuts we'll probably sign a vet WR

2. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

They are not going to cut Mariani. I do believe quinn is gone. This may be the year they finally cut Lavelle as well. I noticed it was pretty late in the game when I finally saw him the other night.

3. pettso

pettso Starter

Hawkins is straight doodoo, I don't get the love for him on these forums.

4. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

I agree. He is and there is still much love for him. I am perplexed as well about the Hawkins love fest.

5. ToddTheTitan

ToddTheTitan GoTitans Homer

Yeah, he hasn't done a damn thing in his 3 years here. I don't get it.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Be careful. A few posters are going to come in and tell you they are better fans than you because you are criticizing a Titans player.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

But we still won't cut Lavelle. He has to be our 4th WR now until Kenny is back. We're not gonna go forward with only Nate, Kendall, Damien entering the season. That would be awful. He may not be great or even that good but he knows the system and can fill a role.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Hawkins signed a new deal and Mariani is injured. He's safe for the year I would imagine.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I agree. I doubt they will find a vet WR worth bringing in at this point. And besides whoever they bring in will be the last WR on the roster anyway. I do think Mariani had passed Hawkins on the depth chart but now they would be hard pressed to find a vet who is going to help more than Hawkins since he does know the system. I think Hawkins is safe for this year now. They need to see if Hawkins can provide some back up on STs as a returner.

Woods might make the PS. He gives them a WR and returner they can activate if we need him. He hasn't shown much at WR but neither have any of the other guys who will end up being cut.

10. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I'm pretty sure I am one of the posters you are referring to. Let me start with the fact that if that bothered you, why are you bringing it up again, and secondly, I absolutely am a better fan than people who literally hate our best player and criticize him for non-football reasons like his twitch. I have never come down on a fan for criticizing a player for something he deserved t be criticized for. I just don't necessarily think a nervous twitch is something he deserves for people to make fun of, and he certainly doesn't deserve to be called a "useless sack of sh*t" as one poster referred to him as recently when he's been our best player since he was drafted. If people would keep it to football, there would be no problem. Understand? You do realize that have criticized CJ as well for playing the way he did last season right? Hawkins is not a good wide receiver at the NFL level, and there's nothing wrong with a fan pointing that out. Now, would you please stop trying to portray me as something that I am not? A "nutswinger" as some if you seem to like to call anyone who likes our RB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar