Rookies 1st Media Practice

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ten_Titans, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Offensive line

Wrs sucking

No running game

Not that Mett was perfect by any means but football is a team sport. Look at VY win/loss ratio. Why doesn't Marino have a ring. Ect. ect.

The wins argument isn't a good one, especially if you look at the whole picture.

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Well I wasn't asking you, but you are still making my point for me.

@520 claims that no one makes excuses for Mett ... when in fact you just provided a list of excuses for Mett.

See above ... those are called excuses.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Not excuses. Facts.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  4. Thaddeus43

But if someone makes these same claims for MM, then you call them excuses?

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Alzarius

If excuses are facts, then yes I'm making excuses.

6. Alzarius

And if Mariota struggles, there will be plenty of excuses/facts made about him

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. Thaddeus43

Dude, you are stepping into an argument that you don't understand.

My point isn't that those excuses aren't relevant. I believe they are relevant ... my point is that posters are biased when using these 'excuses'. In the case of 520, anything said in the defense of ZM is 'fact', and if the same is said for MM he calls it an 'excuse'

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

There is a reason he went 0-6. There is no question that he had crap talent around him, and I personally thought he made some great throws and looked solid at times. That said, he was injured (another known issue) and also had some off field issues. Can't blame the Titans for taking Mariota. As a franchise, you don't put all of your eggs in one basket with a guy who is a 6th rounder with baggage and some injury issues with not 1 win to show. Not to mention, who did they have behind him?!

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

I would say almost all excuses are facts.

Opinions don't make for very good excuses.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Alzarius

You asked a question on a public forums. That means anyone and everyone can answer it. If you want it to stay between you two, use the personal message feature. I understand it just fine whether I do or don't agree with how overzealous 520 is.

Not trying to be a smartass, just making more excuses....I mean stating facts :p

You're not the only person who brings up the losses as a knock on Mettenberger

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar