Rookie Orr Making Statement at Training Camp

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Rookie WR Jonathan Orr is showing at camp by the Tennessee Titans took him in the draft despite having a deep unit at receiver. "He's making a lot of plays," Coach Jeff Fisher said of the sixth-round draft pick from Wisconsin. "He's getting his legs back underneath him now and the speed is coming back, so he's running by people and making plays." Such reports are not good news for Tyrone Calico who continues to be hampered with injuries and has been the focus of some negative comments by his coach. The third-year receiver hopes to make a move on his own. "The preseason ain't over with. We still have three more games," Calico said. "Hopefully they will be patient with me. They've been patient with me in the past and I believe they'll be patient with me now."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. i like to hear that we finally have a receiver that runs by people, instead of getting tackled on the spot

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

On 104.5 this morning they listed the wr's in order, Given, Bennett, Wade, Jones, Williams, Roby then Orr...so long Calico :wave:

4. fltitan

fltitan Guest

I just don't get Calico so much talent but just doesnt seem to have that burning desire it takes to be a starter in the NFL. He doesn"t seem to be worried about his situation and thats a mistake. It almost sounds like he has given up on himself. I hope he comes out of it and turns into what everyone thought would be. Good news on Orr give him some reps agains Denver and lets see what he can do.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

who knows if Calico gets cut and is picked up by another team he could turn it around. I mean look at Nash..stranger things have happened

6. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

"Hopefully they will be patient with me. They've been patient with me in the past and I believe they'll be patient with me now." - Ty Calico

"It is easiest to believe things the way we wish them to be" - Chinese proverb

"I don't believe in sh*t... until sh*t happens" - Bernie Mac

"Reality is that which, when you cease to believe, continues to exist." - Phillip K Dick

I believe I won't be investing in a Tyrone Calico Titans' jersey any time soon.

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

At least it shows that there is finally some depth at the position.

8. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

I was at Hibbitts sporting goods yeterday and they have all of Calico's jerseys on clearance.
    I asked the manager "You must know something?"
    He smiled and replied "Don't You?"

9. FanSince'87

FanSince'87 Heretical Fanatic

Calico was a great side story for a while as he is a hometown boy. But, this is the NFL where production is everything. If Orr is as fast and elusive as they say, the Titans finally have that missing piece to be a huge offensive threat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar