Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Rookie Mike Martin making strong impression

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Titans Insider Titans News

When Titans starting defensive tackle Jurrell Casey went down with a shoulder injury in the first half of Thursday’s win over the Steelers, it provided yet another opportunity for rookie Mike Martin to show how quickly he’s developed.

Martin wound up playing 48 of the Titans’ 64 defensive snaps and he recorded a career-best six tackles. The third-round pick out of Michigan recorded a tackle for loss and a quarterback hit, and he was one of the reasons the Steelers only totaled 56 yards on the ground – averaging just 2.5 yards per carry.

“I think when we drafted him we felt really good about him and I think we all felt he could contribute right away like Casey did, like (Karl) Klug did,” coach Mike Munchak said. “He’s hard to block. That’s why we like him. He beats double teams, he’s hard to block in the zone game when the center is trying to reach him on the back.

“He’s going to be a very good football player for us. You saw flashes of that last night. He was making plays. Those (defensive tackles) are doubled a lot, and I think our defensive tackles have really all year played pretty good.”

Source: Titans Insider
  2. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,132
    Mighty Martin has been dominating lately.
    Ensconatus high fives this.
  3. Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $8,134
    Nice Munch. Very VY like.
    TitanJeff high fives this.
  4. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,132
  5. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,405
    Sooooo not surprising.
  6. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $91
    :crazy:

Martin over Wright......and Wilson for that matter......
  7. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $22,531
    That's kind of exciting, but there's a zero percent chance that he is even in the conversation unless he absolutely goes ape the rest of the season. If that game weren't in primetime, I could guarantee he wouldn't have been on the list at all.

I have hope that he can be good in the future. DROY? I don't think so.

This is a weak looking rookie class.

#5 overall? Maybe top 15-20. He hasn't really done that much.
  8. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,405
    Who care if he gets droy. Dudes playing spot the **** on
  9. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,405
    PFF (pro football focus) reports that

“Of all defensive tackles Brandon Mebane of Seattle & Titans duo Mike Martin & Jurrell Casey lead the way with 13 defensive stops in run game”
    CJtheBeast high fives this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,416
    Martin will most likely shine the best next season. He still looks like a rookie...a good rookie. Give him some time.