Rookie Keeper

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by LF, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LF

LF Guest

One of my leagues conducts a yearly one round rookie draft. These players can be kept forever. Anyone feel like offering their recommendation as to who I should select. There is one team in front of me and I fully expect them to draft Quinn. Even if he was available at 12 I already have VY. Here is who as been selected:

1. Marshawn Lynch (RB)
    2. Calvin Johnson (WR)
    3. Adrian Peterson (RB)
    4. Brandon Jackson (RB)
    5. JaMarcus Russell (QB)
    6. Anthony Gonzalez (WR)
    7. Lorenzo Booker (RB)
    8. Michael Bush (RB)
    9. Greg Olsen (TE)
    10. Dwayne Bowe (WR)

I am leaning towards Chris Henry. Also, I thought about Meachem or possibly Jarrett, but I already have Colston [for "several" more years] and Steve Smith [for at least one more year]... The only other two I can think of would be Sydney Rice or possibly the TE from Oakland Zach Miller.

Thanks in advance for any input.

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Dude.... Ted Ginn Jr.

Im not saying this cuz I am an extreme homer for OSU (yes I admit it)

but.. your looking at a triple threat with Ginn.

Not only is he a sick kick returner but he has a chance to score anytime he has the ball in his hands. If he catches that ball and he sees a lane goodnight.

KR Points
    PR Points
    Receiving Points.

And he can only get better. With Chambers and Booker there in Miami if they put him in that slot position hes going to see the endzone alot down there in Miami.

Other considerations would be any of the receivers that havent already been chosen. Meachem , Jarrett , Smith.

Dont listen to the Ginn haters. Take him man.

Oh and if the rookie draft is more then 2 rounds try and get Henry or....

Bring em out bring em out

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LOyYVnN4bTs

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

most FFL formats do not score individual points for Return Yardage
    it is scored under DST
    therefore, you'd want to draft Miami

4. Henry makes the most logical sense, unless you have a good feeling about Meachem or Ginn.

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I like Meachem in that offense he might not put up huge numbers this season but he will post solid numbers. Once he passes Devery Henderson which will be by next season he will be a stud in that high powered offense. The WR's put up big #'s on that team and he has a lot of talent, size, and speed so Brees will be looking his way a lot in the near future.

6. LF

LF Guest

Boy was I wrong - that SOB took Henry :irked:

Thanks for the input so far. Looks like I gotta put a little more thought into this...

7. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Cant go wrong with Ted

8. I disagree...

9. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Wonderful. When he finishes with the most yards among the receivers you'll be on the list ive made of the "i told ya so's"

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Marshawn Lynch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar