Rookie Griffin Making Impact on Special Teams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

That's funny because Mike Keith thinks that's a sign the Titans are improving, as do I.

Keith's Blog:

Want a sign that the Titans are getting better?

Their first four draft picks from 2007 have not been a great factor in the first three games. Three of the picks have been inactive for all three games: Chris Henry (2nd round), Paul Williams (3rd round) and Leroy Harris (4th round). Top pick Michael Griffin has done a nice job covering and returning kicks, but hasn’t played on defense so far. For those grading the ’07 draft, they might think that is bad. In reality, it’s a good thing. If a team is relying on ten rookies early in the season, normally that team is not very good. See 2005. Veterans win games like the ones in Jacksonville and New Orleans. These young guys are going to just fine. They can play. They probably will have to play as the season moves along. And they’ll be more comfortable because they weren’t thrown in the deep end of the pool before it was their time to swim. When it is all said and done, the Titans will end up with three or four starters out of this draft class. But for now, standing and watching is better for them…and for the Titans.

http://www.titansonline.com/blog/blog.php?author=7

2. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

If Lowry and Fuller don't pan out I really want to draft Michaels twin brother...

[​IMG]

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

marcus has never been as good as michael.

4. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Yeah but we could get him in like the 3rd round. And it would be bad :moon: having Michael and Marcus on the field at the same time

5. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

griff looks like a play maker as he was in college. i see no excuse not to fit him in the defense some where unless he doesn't know all the plays yet. he would only make us better, maybe even switch him in and out with lowry or put him in a nickle rotation. yeah hes a rookie and might makes some mistakes but i think there would be more positive than negative.

6. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I want Griffin on the field now, screw Lowry, hes a bum, Griffin will make plays

7. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

love that idea :yes:

8. plato

plato Camp Fodder

The nice thing about Griffin is if somebody does get hurt he might be able to play any spot in the secondary....

If Pac does make it back I bet he works his way into a starting safety spot next season and the work he's got at cb will only help his coverage skills..

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I disagree with mike keith somewhat because good players make some impact in the preseason. Most of what we saw of chris henry was negative in my opinion and williams didn't make an impact late in preseason games. I think williams will contribute next year with gage and moulds gone but henry will be nothing more than a third down back.

Nothing positive in losing both rookie D-lineman to injury either.

10. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

I agree with that, nice break down. The only thing I thought about is even with moulds and gage possibly gone, there is a good chance the titans will take a wr in the 1st round if there is a big time threat for vince. which would make it hard for williams to break in with the depth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar