Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

ron rivera's contract not renewed?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,833
    Gloat...

How about vasher, brown, briggs, harris? They have three productive DEs. 5 players on that defense have made pro bowls and urlacher was defensive player of the year.

That defense did great in 2001 before rivera took over.

I think the league decided that lovie smith was more responsible for that defense than rivera was. Whatever the reason his stock dropped in a hurry. Maybe he was damned unimpressive in his interviews.
  2. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,039
    rivera and their coaching staff have been very good at developing talent.

briggs 3rd round
    alex brown 4th round
    vasher 4th round
    johnson 2nd round
    tillman 2nd round
    anderson 5th round

that's a lot better than we've done
  3. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,536
    who, who, who, and who? Those guys are products.
  4. PitBull Bred to Brawl

Moolah:
    $8

Well I usually wouldn't agree with any post asking for the firing of Jeff fisher, and almost anyone on here can tell you that i'm one of the biggest Fisher advocates, and have always supported him especially during the start of last season when many people wanted him fired, however if he insists on keeping schwartzie for another season or two and our Defense continues to suck and he still won't give up on him after then; then only would I agree with you.
    But until then, lets wait and see what changes Jeff has in mind.

If the firing of fish is the price we have to pay for getting rid of chief red hat, then hit the road Jeff.. and take that dump you call a DC along with you.

But not just yet.. I think he deserves at least one more season..
  5. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,536
    That's my main beef with Fisher. He has no balls. He just sticks with whomever he happens to like. Whether they're good or not, it doesn't matter.
  6. BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Moolah:
    $2
    Exactly... as much as I like Fisher, we're going to have to realize that as long as he is the coach of the Tennessee Titans, Chief Red Hat will be the defensive coordinator.
  7. dg1979us Starter

Moolah:
    $2,121
    But its Lovie Smith's system, not Ron Rivera's.
  8. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,536
    Could be so. Seems as if he could just pack that system up in his suit-case though and take it else-where considering how long he was involved.
  9. dg1979us Starter

Moolah:
    $2,121
    The system is basically just a cover 2. Lovie learned it under Dungy at TB.
  10. Gut Starter

Moolah:
    $1,027
    Um...

From what I read leading up to the Super Bowl, that's not correct. Cover 2 is there base defense, but they adjust their defense depending on opponent. Apparently they've played some games playing nearly all man coverage...so they are pretty flexible (and had to be since Harris went down).

This is the same comment (only play Cover 2) attributed to Dungy's defense with both the Bucs and Colts. Both play(ed) a LOT of cover 3 (to get an 8th man in the box) and the Bucs also used several zone and 46 blitzes.

However, the overall concept is the same...get pressure with the front 4 - something we need to be able to do.

Gut
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.