ron rivera's contract not renewed?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

You know, as I think about it I don't think the Chargers ever filled their DC vacancy, that could be where he ends up, with him Norv could be set

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

saw on espn they are going to sign ted cottrell

3. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Ok, thanks I hadn't heard that, although I do remember hearing that that's who the GM wanted

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Shoot - If I had my way, Bye Bye Fisher AND schwartzie.

5. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Please homeboy. I can't believe you want to lose Fish! Whatever.

Rivera would be SUCH an improvement over Shwartzacrapper. Not gonna happen but I'd love it if it did! :irked:

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

In order to get Rivera? Easy decision. Not many coaches right now available that I'd replace fisher with, but he's one of them. Fisher is the Titan's version of Phil Fulmer. The only reason he's staying is because we fear we'll get someone worse, not because he's so good.

7. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

I would love to have him as our DC. I can pray right?

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Rivera was signed to be the Chargers Linebackers coach.

9. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Absurd. I've read the speil on him wanting to learn the 3-4 but going from DC of a Superbowl Defense and a top HC candidate to a CO-Linebackers coach under Norv "What's a winning record?" Turner seems like a step in the wrong direction. Also San Diego is warm and sunny but L-A-M-E! :suspect:

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

The thing you have to consider with Rivera though is one, he had a lot of talent on his defense, especially before Brown and Harris got hurt. And secondly, he was running a defense that Lovie Smith brought in. So he was the DC for a team with a defensive minded HC. In SD, you have an offensive minded HC, so I think there would be more responsibility on Rivera to install a defensive system than there was under Lovie. It is surprising, but obviously the bears didnt feel he was irreplaceable or they would have resigned him, instead of letting him take a lateral, or in this case, even lower level job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar