ron rivera's contract not renewed?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I could have sworn Jerry Jones was waiting on Rivera

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

man, if there was ever a time to throw money at a new DC, this would be it

not sure Rivera would make a lateral move, but aren't all the HC vacancies now filled?

this would have to be tough for Jeff
    it'd be like being married to Roseanne Barr and having Carmen Electra beg you to marry her

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the thing about rivera is, he's looking to be a head coach and will probably interview for every opening next year. if he gets a HC job next year, we have to find another replacement.

but i'd go with one year of rivera and find a replacement than 5 more years of schwartz.

5. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

all NFL HC vacancies are filled, he might get offers from some colleges, but I wouldn't mind seeing him fill Schwartz's spot, but didn't we extend his contract with Fisher's? I could be wrong but I think I remember both assistants getting one-year options taken with Fisher's, correct me if I'm wrong on that. Granted even if we did extend it, that was under Reese, Reinfeldt could have different plans :))

6. TD10

TD10 Camp Fodder

I feel the same way on this one (not that I believe it will happen). I would take my chances on going into next years off-season w/ no DC than to keep schwartz around to much longer.

7. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I agree! Maybe Fish and Ron were big buddies while teamates.

8. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

LMAO!!!!:ha:

I about spit my drink all over my keyboard!

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

funny how some people spit in a downward thrust

I usually spray at my display (an iMac)
    which costs substantially more than my $30 KEYBOARD

:ha:

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I am more surprised at the amount of sprayers we have here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar