Ron Jaworski

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titans92790, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Ill admit that I don't watch much college football so I haven't watched Manziel much...but the few times I did he was running around recklessly the whole time. No way that style works in the nfl. Maybe he can adapt though, and he will have to. Reminded me a lot of early Buck..we know how that works out. And these days its even tougher for a mobile qb since that's the latest trend and teams prepare better.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Those are some great college stats you got there. If you were drafting a college team you'd make a great argument. Too bad...

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

Yeah, let's go with NFL stats for players that have never played an NFL down. You planning on making up stats for how you anticipate they'll play? I'd rather take stats that exist than try to make them up like a damn fortune teller.

4. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

No, but you look at traits and attributes that translate to the NFL. Tebow is another example. There were huge question marks about his talent transitioning to the NFL. He couldn't just outrun and outmuscle everyone and his passing was very suspect. Cosell and Jaws are just saying that they don't think his skill set transitions well to the NFL. He could very well prove them wrong, but I'm not willing to risk a top 10 on the hope that he does.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

True and I agree with all the points you're making, but they're saying they wouldn't pick him until the 4th round which is pretty astonishing.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I would take a flyer on him in the 2nd (if I was a team already set up nicely) not an early 2nd round pick with a bunch of other needs.

Not really a fan of him but he is an intriguing prospect.

7. Fry

Using college stats to project NFL performance is the worst thing you can do. College stats literally mean nothing throughout the draft process.

8. Fry

Why is that so astonishing? He's a fantastic college football player. Now ask yourself what he does that projects to the NFL. He runs at the slightest hint of pocket pressure. His footwork is a mess. his arm is good, not great. His accuracy is average. He's built like Wes Welker.

He's exciting. He put up great numbers. He's also a project that doesn't fit the prototype. I think a third round grade is very reasonable.

9. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar