Ron Jaworski

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titans92790, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

. Johnny Manziel doesn't appeal to former NFL quarterback Ron Jaworski, who said he wouldn't draft Manziel in the first three rounds.

What do you make of this? I think in an attempt to seek attention for what could be his last season as an ESPN analyst ex-quarterback Ron Jaworski is leaving with a bang! I think he needs the spotlight, so he came out with something like this for the interviews and the fame, even though he doesn't have a clue.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I wouldnt either, hes a sitting duck in the nfl

• High Five High Five x 5
  3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I like Manziel a lot. Everything that Jaws said is a legitimate concern.

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Listen to the 3HL interview with Greg Cosell. He says that all the info that comes out from analysts comes directly from the tape. He also said he sees exactly what Jaws is saying. If you detach the name and look solely at tape he just doesn't impress. His only strength is extending plays, and NFL coaches are looking for qbs who make the scripted plays consistently. Johnny doesn't do that.

• High Five High Five x 6
  5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Jaws is absolutely right.

Not only are you relying on a guy with outlier size to overcome the odds, but his skill set is also unconventional. That's a guy you're going to draft with a high pick? Not me.

The Russell Wilson pick looks like a stroke of genius, but had it not worked out all the Seahawks would have lost is a third round pick. With Manziel you're losing a top ten pick.

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I am going to say this is old news......

.....not what Jaws said, but the idea the Manziel is drastically over hyped.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

He's one of the best collegiate QBs to play the game, but we see those guys fail all the time in the NFL.

Vince Young might have been the best college football player I've ever seen. We experienced that plane crash firsthand.

• High Five High Five x 5
  8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

but what was Young's ultimate undoing?

It certainly wasn't his talent, it was his attitude. They are practically the same exact person.

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

He is going to suck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar