Ron Dayne being checked out

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Overalls, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

i don't know why some of you guys would be against this move. Our starting rb has had knee problems and the other 2 guys (I like both of them) are not full time backs. With how much our offense relies on the power running game if lendale goes down we would be in a lot of trouble.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I'm not against it. I just think that we should get Dayne if we're going to get anyone. Why would we get another RB with knee problems? KJ doesn't fit.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Did Mr. Darkness miss his morning meds again?

The bottom line is it is smart to have a list of guys you have already talked to and maybe even worked out and checked medically in your file should someone go down with a serious injury. That isn't idiotic it is smart. If LW had a season ending injury tomorrow we could have Dayne on the phone that same day. It wouldn't be ridiculous to even consider signing Dayne IMO and bring him to camp.

Also, nobody expects Chris Johnson to be able to handle 30 carries a game (or Henry for that matter possibly) so it just makes sense even if you don't sign an extra back you have some guys in mind should you need them.

It proves the FO is acting in a smart responsible way, not that they are idiots. Now go back to your room, relax and take the medication the nurse is handing you before a vein breaks in your forehead.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Soxcat please, how in the hell do you know that is all there is? We played against dayne twice last year they ought to know him.

Name 10 players in the past we brought in to our facility just to update their "files" Historically when a guy comes to visit there is a good chance he will be on the team based on the way i remember it.

And who wouldn't be dark when we have the matt millen approach to the RB position? What next another power back in the 2nd rd next year?

How friggin hard is it to dig up a couple of backs who under normal circumstances would give you 4 yards a carry? White and brown combined for 1600 yards last year what in the hell was wrong with that?

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Colts signed dominick freaking rhodes for $650,000!!!!

A so called speed back who is like chris brown but perhaps with less mileage. Rhodes can catch the ball(Over 100 career pass recepts) and can return kick offs(2 career KR tds). He has a career yard per carry over 4 @ 4.1 and is an experienced player with many playoff games under his belt.

We could have had this guy for nothing! A solid #2 and a nice compliment to lendale.

We had options at RB this off season. FAs, trades or just picking guys up like a ron dayne, rhodes or kevin jones. Even the more expensive FAs were not that expensive. Fargus and julius jones went for $3M a year.

Was it so damn necessary to use a first rd pick for a damn RB?

I'm going to beat this dead horse until i have stinking rotting flesh falling off my fingers. It was dumb and we are STILL looking for a back? Morons!

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I hope it is soon. Very soon.

A completely different back to CJ. But a good comparison :rolleyes:

7. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

You seem bitter about everything the Titans have done since the draft. Are you still pissed about the CJ pick and letting it color everything you see the Titans do? It sure seems that way. Your objectivity has seemed to gone to **** in the past month or so IMHO.

You can read into the "kicking the tires" move on these running backs, but I would not hold your breath on a signing. The article clearly hinted at this being "update the books" type of interviews.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I like it, pretty much how I feel.

Still, I think CJ will have a bigger impact this season than either Chris Brown or Chris Henry did last year. I want to see what he will do in the pro's.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Ron Dayne is so fat you have to grease the hole and hold a twinkie on the other side just to get him into the secondary.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Cld and whatever the hell your name is..

Yo get a clue. I have been craping on this one pick only. And the RB situation. We already used 2 second rd picks on backs remember?

I liked the jones, hayes and hawkins picks and absolutely loved the stevens and keglar picks. With the 24th pick we missed out on a future pro bowl safety(phillips), a solid corner(jenkins, cason) or significant help at DE(merling) or DT(balmer). Bad pick! and some people want to justify it by pretending he is some other type of back with a different role.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar