Romo taking the plunge?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ubiq, Feb 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

How'd I know people would confuse "being married" as "being committed"??
    Look, you don't have to have a ring on your finger to be committed. Some people are so insecure they think a ring will secure their significant other. But it doesn't. It just gives you the false security that it does. That person is no more committed to you now than they were when you were engaged.

And once you see it like that, maybe you'll understand that a wedding is nothing but a ceremony. It has no reflection whatsoever on your relationship. You can get married in 10 minutes to someone you've known for 3 hours. It's only a tradition.

So please inform me how your life is richer due to marriage. Please inform me as to how me saying marriage is pointless is a reflection on my relationship? Because I don't think a piece of metal means anything, my relationship is worse than yours? haha Well, that's logical.
    I didn't marry for the wrong reasons. I married the same reason you did. Because a girl wanted to be a princess for a day, and needed you to play the part she had always imagined. Pretend it's something other than that if it helps you.

2 kids, 8 years in the relationship. But because I said thinking a ring means nothing, my relationship is sure to fail, right? lol

25 yrs old Big TT.

But anyway. You can be just as happy, just as in love, and just as committed without a dumb ceremony that costs thousands. The bonus? if you do split up (as most people married do, ironic considering you guys think being married means you're in a great relationship!), it's much cheaper. Much.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Better yet, a simplified version of that post:

Were you guys committed to your significant other BEFORE you were married?

If so, thanks for playing. No longer think my view is so crrrazy.

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Dude omg who wouldnt wanna smash her ADED

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i know a few couples that married the same week they met and are still marrired

i know of a few couples that were together for years before getting married and then got divorced less than a few years into it

there's no winning formula
    it's all about making sacrifices

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

If the rumor was true ( her cell phone and her bathroom thing) , isn't she a coke addict. That could be the cause of a lot of problems for Tony. She's probably a decent girl, but the drug addiction will not be a good thing unless he doesn't care. The kicker is that Nick Leahy, for all intensive purposes, seems like a pretty good guy and husband, and for Jessica Simpson to muff that up makes me wonder about her.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

GRAMMAR POLICE, PULL OVER PLEASE!

The phrase is "for all intents and purposes".

I'll let you off with a warning today, but don't let me catch you out here doing that again!
    Have a nice day!

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

can't believe i'm saying this, but i agree with gloat and have felt the same way for some time.

8. I'd say it's a mute point by now... :ha:

9. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

25 years old sounds about right.:grrhee:

10. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Like I said..you married for the wrong reasons. I am not going to turn this into a religious discussion either, but you can pretend to believe everyone marries for the excuses you did if that makes YOU feel better...but that is not the case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar