Rolando McClain has Crohn's disease?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNTitan277

TNTitan277 Camp Fodder

Chrons kept my nephew from the marines. His twin brother who doesnt have it didnt have any problems joining.

2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Pre existing condition makes him undraftable! Only kidding.

I don't know too much about the disease, but I do know someone who has this and it can really flare up at any time.

Let's say its 4th down, in the playoffs, it's OT and Bironas has kicked what would have been the GW field goal last year, and McClain suddenly falls to the ground on the last play because he's been holding back his, you know, business and can no longer stand up. What happens then? Purely hypothetical, but anything could happen.

From what I understand, some people manage it much better than others. With some people, they can control themselves, other people, it needs immediate attention.

What kind of rules does the NFL have for players with known diseases such as this. Is it going to take a crisis mid game for some sort of guidelines to appear for players with playing with chronic conditions?

Again, don't flame me if I have this all wrong, I just understand that it works differently with each individual that has it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar