Roger Clemens Will Be Indicted for Perjury

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Daves not here, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. globelieves

globelieves Starter

I never understood why congress got involved in this.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I hate that congress is involved with baseball and steroids. Zero baseball players have died from steroids or any steroid related illness. Meanwhile some 12 or 13 wrestlers have died under the age of 50 including one last week at 29! And that's not including Benoit and the 2 people he killed or the people who died from painkiller abuse. And all I think but one of those people all worked for WWE. I'm not saying congress should just rush into this and investigate WWE but what's happening there is a gigantic atrocity and especially so when you compare it to baseball. Oh no Barry Bonds hit more home runs than everyone! Well Bonds isn't dead so who really cares? 12 dead people and nobody cares, stuff like the whole Roger Clemens trial pisses me off, who cares? People are dieing over there but nobody cares cause it's fake but baseball oh it's real and we can't have tainted records, who cares? Now you got the CEO running for office and still it's not being made into a big deal. Imagine if 12 ball players had died at this young of an age, hell they might have shut down MLB all together. I don't see how MLB has to pay for their (in comparison) tiny steroid problem and WWE gets off Scott free. Yea it's the athletes fault for taking them but it happened on your watch, they knew about it, didn't stop it, and nothing is going to happen to them.

Sorry, rant over. But the whole Lance Cade dead at 29 and Roger Clemens stories broke about the same time and it really disgusted me, where are the priorities? Sure I'd rather congress fix the economy than do any of this but if they have to investigate steroids, maybe do it where people are dieing and not the place where they're just hitting more home runs.

3. globelieves

globelieves Starter

Had not heard about Lance Cade's death, but I really don't follow WWE. Sounds like there is definately a double standard when talking about steroid usage.

4. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

WHAT ?

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

it's good he's indicted. No leniency for perjury.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I said steroids not cocaine.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

congress is involved because baseball has antitrust exemption granted by congress.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Steroids DO NOT kill people. And Chris Benoit was NOT the case of steroids. That was the first trigger-happy relation which was stupid. Steroids have never made someone kill their family. Tests later proved that.

He had some book about a prophet that resurrected his son too... the guy was just a nut-job.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I got all kind of whack books around the house, yet I don't act any of them out.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He went before congress and lied. Who does he think he is Michael Corleone? Didn't he understand the consequences?

Michael Corleone had buffers, and they brought in Frankie Pentangeli's brother from Sicily. They also owned a senator.

What is Roger going to do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar