Rock Band Elimination Game

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

You do if you want anyone to listen to you.... You obviously know nothing about it.

I can tell you don't know anything about Vegetable farming cause you liking broccoli has nothing to do with farming... That doesn't even make sense.

Again, makes no sense.

Playing guitar is completely different than all of your examples. Of course you woudn't know that. Sure, you can have an opinion.. We all do, but if you don't know what your talking about (by having experience) why would anyone listen?

Does ESPN hire people who have never played football to talk about football?? Nope.... Wonder why? You don't have to be a football player to tell when a team stinks...

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Well I do play lead guitar and I agree with Avv. Your ears tell you if something is musical - and we all have them...

3. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Apparently you haven't been out and listened to the bands I've heard... If you did you would know better than that. I've seen way to many people who think they are great and are horrible. It happens all the time specially here in Nashville.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

By all means indulge us.. What bands?
    Who thinks they're great but is actually horrible?
    I haven't spent my entire music career here in Nashville, but I mostly know everyone in the local rock circles...

5. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

For Starters I've hardly heard a rock band in town worth a squirt... But to be totally honest, I seldom go to rock venues here. The ones that I did see were playing "wanna be" thrash rock for teenie boppers...All bar chords, all the time. No leads. Kind of like a lot of newer rock.

Secondly, this is Nashville and there are live bands around every corner... It was really a broad statement more so than anything... I see several musicians that are very very good. I also see several that are very very bad. As to what all of their names are, no idea.

As I said before, I don't follow Metallica anymore or any band like it. If you want to talk about good guitar players we can... To say a guy is "no good"
    or a "hack" when your talking about Kirk Hammett is a little silly. Granted, of course there are much better guitar players out there... But he was decent back in the day. He came up with good melodies and rythmic patterns that were very solid. You can't argue with the success. Well, you can but you'd be wrong and that's not opinion, that's fact.

6. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

This is a fun argument... Next we can argue about which guitar players are better: Country or Rock???:guitar:

7. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

You can most certainly argue with success. Some of the most successful musicians in the world have next to no talent. Who is more popular? Kylie Minogue or Leo Kottke? Who is more talented?

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

So in other words, you don't really know if there is any good music here or not, right? Man in your prior post I'd have assumed you were the authority - always looking for a good local music discussion.

Ok then...

You know, the most boring discussion in the world is debating whether Kirk Hammet is technically proficient at what he does. I concede that he can play the notes that are on the page. Now how exciting is that?
    That said, his playing - to my ears - sucks, and that is an opinion and that's what matters most to me!

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Success is important - to the artist, that is. Otherwise who cares?

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

and there is no answer to that question...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar