Rock Band Elimination Game

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

:rotfl:
    Napster could have made billions for everyone involved, but the Metallitwits went trying to act all uppity and lost much of their fan base. Then the illegal downloading really went through the roof! You can't put a genie back in a bottle, and the stupidest thing they could have ever done was to take it to court after being showed a new business model.
    Now then...who are the largest music retailers today?
    And yes, I play guitar, and Kirk Hammett is still a one-trick pony. Tuddla-tuddla-tuddla-waaah!

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

You know me, I dig on my share of one-trick ponies - but Hammet is just a boring player... Those pointless "tricks" veiled in wah grow tiresome very quickly..

3. avvie

Ah, good...you saw it too :yes:

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Thin Lizzy roolz! Metallica droolz!

That is all.

5. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I really don't know for sure but I would guess ITunes...

Apparently your better.. Doubt it though. As I've said in my previous post.. I'm really no longer a Metallica fan nor have I been for several years. All I said was that the final list of bands is a joke and it is. Metallica is one of the greatest heavy metal bands of all time... You don't have to like em to know that. I still don't know who the Cramps are so I googled them and now I can see why I (or anyone I know) would not know who they are and judging by the huge bar tour they're on, I'm not alone in not caring who they are...

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Rcarie...

I had many of the same thoughts as you especially when the beatles were one of the first bands voted off. But looking back this is a thread that can be whatever the participants make of it and what the thread starter made of it. We all had the opportunity to add a group and we all had the opportunity to vote for or against whom we wished. I participated for a while and moved on. I think many of the remaining bands do suck but so what..

I did give the cramps a listen and watch on youtube and was unimpressed to say the least. A bunch of people with poor hygiene playing bad rock, the lead singer giving head to a microphone. Literally! WTF? But who am i to tell others what to listen to right? I'm a jazz fan anyway..

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iCQ4QLFl01g"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iCQ4QLFl01g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Hey puck..

What made you dislike the cramps video? Was it the the repetitive lyrics or the monica lewinsky with the mic?

Tear this damn place up wwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

8. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Roll...

Very true.. I learned a long time ago that I never liked a lot of the same kinds of music as others and it's impossible to convince them to like mine. Specially when you try to compare who's better than who.

9. avvie

Nope, I'm not. I don't play lead, so I get someone else to do that when needed. But I don't have to actually play guitar to know when someone is a hack at it. I'm not an artist either, but I still think that Jackson Pollock sucks. I don't know anything about vegetable farming, but I'm convinced that broccoli is better than brussel sprouts. I'm not an automobile manufacturer, but I think the Camaro is a piece of crap. Etc.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bullcrap!

Brussels sprouts any day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar