ROCK BAND ELIMINATION FINALS: Paul Weller vs AC/DC

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Aug 19, 2007.

?
  1. Paul Weller

25.0%
  2. AC/DC

75.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

hehehe...

Standard reaction... I was surprised he pushed through to the second round.

Paul Weller is the Jam, The Style Council and the Modfather.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p1cum0R0SAE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p1cum0R0SAE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Good chit, you should look him up sometimes when bored.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

^ oh I get it .......
    he's the Brit's Neil Young ........

so how did he make it to round 2 ?

3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Cuz all of you Yanks were asleep at the switch...
    Hasta La Vista Mr Van Halen. :grrhee: Au revoir Mr Vedder :moon2:

:))

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Paul Weller is a good example of one of the cool things about the game, which isn't just touting the same ol' tried and true names but maybe learning about a few bands or artists that other folks like enough to at least warrant the rest of us checking out. Rather than wasting time bi*ching about why Metallica didn't make it or calling the list bogus, why not give Paul Weller a listen? Nuthin wrong with trying out different stuff...

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

The Wiki I read on him linked him to the punk age. But don't worry, I know alll about what the Mods are...I'm a really big Who fan, and if anyone should be Modfathers, they should. Hell, they were the Mods' first flagship band.

Trivia: Why does Daltry stutter the lyrics of "My Generation"?

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Do tell avvie.:yes:

Have you ever seen the BBC sitcom 'The Young Ones'. Completely mental & hilarious,an iconic program from the 80's.

7. avvie

While the rockers were all potsmoking stoners, the Mods chose amphetamines as their "in" drug...the side effect was that really pilled-up mods would stutter uncontrollably. The lyrics were stammered as a way to catch the attention of the Mod movement. It was a big help to manager Kit Lambert, who was on a mission to make The Who into the hottest act on the Mod circuit. He was successful in doing so, especially after "My Generation" was released.

8. avvie

Oh yeah... I only saw The Young Ones a couple of times...I wasn't big on the MTV scene. That pierced punker was one wierd dude...

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Loved that show!
    Bad News as well...
    [​IMG]

10. avvie

:rotfl:
    That's SOOOO rich! Makes you wonder what those 80's hairmetal bands think of themselves now.

Hey, if any of you plan on making a hit album, here's good advice: NEVER NEVER NEVER allow your portrait to be printed anywhere on it! It WILL haunt you later!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar