Robiskie has to go.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RockyTop Fox, Oct 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Teams exceeding our passing yards per game:

49ers
    Cardinals
    Jets
    Dolphins
    Vikings
    Jaguars
    Browns

Look at those QB situations, as well as their supporting casts, and try to give a reasonable explanation as to why they are outperforming us.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Very simple. Nobody is running an offense like Mularkey that purposely limits your qb.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I'd argue about team deficits as part of this situation.

Really though, Cleveland 1 YPG more, Jax 4, Miami 6, NYJ 20, SF 25.

They're all very comparable. I know that's not a good comparison for Mariota but we're also beating Carolina, Cincinnati, Dallas and b-hole-timore.

Coincidentally, Carolina, Jax, Dallas, and Minnesota are some of the 6 teams better in RYPG.

4. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Just shows how irrelavant stats are in football. Its a weird season for sure. But I dont really need stats to tell me that we arent playing to our potenial.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

With Mariota's recent INT issues, I think Mularkey wanted to keep risk to a minimum.

Fisherball.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I agree.

But god I am sick of this organization playing loser ball.

You don’t plan to hide your flaws. You find your opponents and stomp on them.

You don’t play to be in it with a chance in the fourth. You play to utterly blow your opponents doors off and make the fourth quarter a boring irrelancy.

You don’t play to limp in to the playoffs and “have a chance to make some noise.” You play to dominate the regular season, have the road to the super bowl go right through your place, and EXPECT to punish anyone who comes your way.

I’m sick of timid, conservative, play not to lose style football. I thought that with mariota and Davis and Taylor and Walker we were finally past that. But I was wrong.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. TitanJeff

I assume that style is what Mularky thinks gives the Titans the best chance of winning and he's probably right.

But when a team comes to town that puts points on the board, I don't think the Titans have the ability to "flip the switch".

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I guess I’m more of the “second place is just the first loser” school of thought. You leave it all out there. Play every drive like it’s crucially important.

1-15 or 11-5 and a first or second round playoff exit? Who cares? Just varying degrees of failure.

I’d just like to see us with a more go for the throat, balls to the wall, urgent approach.

9. TitanJeff

I think Robiskie won't have any choice but to get much more aggressive with two on-the-road and closing at home against the Rams and Jags.

10. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

we are a run-first team. once you realize and accept that maybe you won't be so butthurt so often. They haven't been shy about it, and we only threw the ball 23 times this week. I repeat, we are a run-first team.

Just accept it and pray it pushes us through a few playoff wins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar