Robinson Hit Shouldn't be a Penalty.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I agree. That was the only I had a problem with. He definitely coiled up, launched, and went helmet-to-helmet.

The Robinson hit was rough, but not a penalty and definitely not worth $50,000.

I definitely didn't have a problem with Harrison's hit on Josh Cribbs, considering Cribbs lowered his head, bracing for contact. The Masaquoi hit was 50-50. He juggled the ball then started to go to the ground bracing for imminent contact and Harrison hit him. I don't see how Harrison is supposed to anticipate him dropping without contact.

2. titanslapifneed

titanslapifneed Practice Squad

If this is the NEW rule it is absurd!!!! As a linebacker at GVSU in the early 90's are number 1 job was to seperate the reciever from the ball. If this is the NEW rule third down conversions will increase 30-40%. The hit by Brandon Meriweather was total BS head hunting hit and deserves the fine at the minimum. The two hits by harrison were also very close to head hunting as he dove head first and forearms. The hit on jackson as i said before was scary, nasty, violent, but 100% the way football players *especially the back 7 have always been taught to hit and tackle. Facemask in the chest use your shoulder pads!!!

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Haha, yeah laws never change, do they? I applaud the effort to put an end to cheap shots. I think it may be hard to differentiate and some guys may inadvertently get fined (though technology will quickly adapt I think) but this "rah-rah no room for p***ies in The NFL" is stupid when guys are laying unconscious on the field and end up punchy post-career victims of dirty play. The rules are applied to every team (sans Pittsburgh) so what is the loss? And every rule made in this league is reactionary so does it really matter that it's mid season esp when people's careers/lives are on the line?

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

The problem is that these penalties can decide games. If players are suspended, ejected, and/or penalized it can determine the outcome of the game.

Refs can't get holding or PI calls right half the time. Do you really want them making split second decisions on this new rule??

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Did they say suspensions on the spot? I imagine they will be evaluated post-game before a suspension is given.

6. highstep

highstep Camp Fodder

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Did someone really say that you're SUPPOSED to tackle with your facemask?

Really?

In what league? Doing that beyond pop-warner will get you killed.

Shoulders. Not helmets.

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

At exactly 40 seconds and again at 1:08, you can clearly see Jackson's chin getting hit by Robinson's helmet. Am I the only one that sees this?

9. Johnnyrex

Johnnyrex Starter

Actually the rule seems to be very clear:

"If a receiver has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself, a defensive player is prohibited from launching (springing forward and upward) into him in a way that causes the defensive player’s helmet, facemask, shoulder, or forearm to forcibly strike the receiver’s head or neck area—even if the initial contact of the defender’s helmet, facemask, shoulder, or forearm is lower than the receiver’s neck.

Note: Launching is defined as springing forward and upward by a player who leaves his feet to make contact on the receiver. "

Robinson hit is a penalty! :stars:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar