Robin Williams dead at 63

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SawdustMan, Aug 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

It is the definition of selfishness. He is causing unknown amounts of agony to family members. Don't see how it can be viewed any other way.

Except if he was dealing with extreme amounts of physical pain which doesn't sound to be the case. Or if his life was nearing the end and he had no quality if life, I am a proponent of assisted termination of life. Again, not the case here.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  2. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

Seems like that was exactly the case

3. Alex1939

Link? Seems like it was mental illness and that is not physical pain.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  4. Alex1939

Sorry guys just because you liked his movies doesn't mean he gets a pass for suicide. He had kids. They are scarred for life by this.

Grow up and stop worshiping false idols. I doubt any of you personally knew Robin Williams. It's extremely sad and tragic but get a grip.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. RTH

RTH Meh...

Well, mental illness is nothing to ignore. After all, your brain IS you... without it, you're nothing. Might even be worse than physical pain.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. Alex1939

life is tough. it's not for the weak. I don't advocate every person with depression to off themselves.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Good lord. Can you stay in reality for ONE single debate/argument? I mean FFS. No one here is "worshiping" or acting like they "personally knew" Robin Williams. Just talking about his movies and saying it's sad and unfortunate that he died.

I would gladly debate the "selfishness of suicide" with anyone else but it's clear I'd be wasting my time with you.

8. Alex1939

it's 100% selfish, it's one of the most selfish acts one can do in life. You are thinking only of yourself not of others. There is no way any of his family would want him to kill himself. It is selfish period.

It is choosing an action that effects others, but only thinking of yourself.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  9. RTH

RTH Meh...

I don't advocate it, either... but I also don't act all high-and-mighty and pretend to "know" what anyone with mental illness is going through. You act like it's nothing.

Seriously... if you aren't a member of Scientology, then I don't know what to think. What you say is pretty much in line with them.

10. Alex1939

No I don't but you can infer what you like. Mental illness is serious, but it is not worthy committing suicide over, at least not depression, bi-polar, etc. Obviously those can have an effect on people acting in the moment, but still it needs to be pushed that suicide is not an answer. I would say differently if it is to the point of no quality of life such as dementia.

I have had a family member commit suicide so it's not like I don't have any reference to this.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar