Robin Williams dead at 63

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SawdustMan, Aug 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Wait, this negatively affects loved ones?

Wow.....didn't know that.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Mind. Blown.

3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Selfish family

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Definition of "selfish" via the mighty interwebs: (of a person, action, or motive) lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure.

Given that definition I do not think the word is accurate in many suicide cases. If your mind is strongly telling you "ending it all" will save loved ones loads of long-term grief, money, hospital visits, emotional weardown, even if you're the only one thinking this is in their best interest is specifically the opposite of "lacking consideration for others".

I challenge anyone that says all suicidal persons simply disregard the effect that the act may have on loved ones.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

that and the fact that about any act a person does is selfish....

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

they also seem to ignore the fact that many of them think that their family would be better off without them.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So I'll ask again. At what point do you draw the line for mental illness? Obviously several of you think mental illness absolves someone from any wrongdoing towards other family members via his/her suicide because they are mentally ill. So if a mentally ill person with depression as the mental illness harms someone else are they also absolved of any wrongdoing because of their mental illness?

Would you all tweet to the family what RSB said that some of you agreed with, that if the family helped more it could've saved Robin? Since we are finding him without fault due to his mental disorder but it is those around him that SHOULD feel guilty because if they had helped more maybe he wouldn't have done it.

Mental disorder or not, personal responsibility does play a role. He killed himself in a position where his wife would've found the body, it's surprising she didn't.

This is a touchy subject and I'm weary of discussing it further so I'll guarantee this is my last post in this thread. Bash me all you want, idgaf.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Exactly what I was thinking.

If a kid goes to school and shoots up other kids because he is depressed is that okay because he is mentally ill??

And I'm not saying mental illness is not serious because it is, and I think we should do more to help people with mental illness.

But how is that acceptable? Everyone has to be accountable for their actions to a degree.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Why the **** would anyone tweet that to the family? First and foremost, it's only been two days since he died. Secondly, that's still a crazy thing to tweet out at the family.

Why are you making a huge deal of this?

This thread was supposed to be a memorial for one of the world's favorite actors. All you've done is b*tch about suicide.

Okay. It's a selfish act. No one is really debating that. But you are going out of your way to argue about this rather than just letting it go.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

No... not acceptable. They killed other human beings.

Last I checked, Robin Williams did not.

But in regards to the psycho kids who shoot up schools... Their parents almost always suck. The kid who shot up the kindergarten had a mom who let him stay in the basement and play Call of Duty all day, knowing he was mentally ill. And she collected guns. She is at fault too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar