Robert Meachem Is Charging Up The Board

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by FightinTitan, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Meachem measured in at 6'2" 210 pounds and ran a 4.36 forty and a 4.38 forty.

He may just have moved up the board and be the 2nd overall WR taken in this draft. His size combined with his speed will push him above Ginn and Jarrett.

Some other times:

Sidney Rice from South Carolina ran a 4.53
    Steven Smith from USC ran a 4.44
    Yamon Figurs from Kansas State ran a 4.3
    Jason Hill from Washington State ran a 4.32

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

He looked great in his drills, the 40, the catching drill, however, the first interview I got from him on NFL network was weak. He seemed soft.

3. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Robert is a soft spoken and humble person.

He does not carrry himself like TO or Chad Johnson.

4. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

WRs 40 Times

Aundrae Allison - 4.39
    Dwayne Bowe - 4.51
    Steve Breaston- 4.41
    David Clowney - 4.36
    Craig Davis - 4.46
    Yamon Figurs - 4.30
    Anthony Gonzalez - 4.44
    Johnnie Lee Higgins - 4.48
    Jason Hill - 4.32
    Calvin Johnson - 4.35
    Marquay McDaniel - 4.51
    Robert Meachem - 4.36
    Ryan Moore - 4.59
    Ryne Robinson - 4.51
    Steve Smith - 4.44
    Chansi Stuckey - 4.60
    Jayson Swain - 4.67
    Paul Williams - 4.41

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

He's got really good speed, but that's maybe a little better than I thought.

CJ never looked freakish fast on the field to me. Neither in acceleration or top speed.

I didn't see much of Higgins, but he didn't look freakish fast either.

Put a few more lb's on Swain and make him a h-f-rback :clown:

Too bad Ginn didn't run. He's the only guy I can think of that really stood out this year in the speed department on the field.

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Jason Hill could be a steal round 2 or 3 depending on where u pick at and whose left if hes there round 3 we better snag him.

I'd take Meachem round one depending on whose left he's gonna be a stud but I like Bowe the best out of all except for CJ........man what I would do for him.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

2nd receiver taken? Ha! Yeah, a 40 time puts a nobody above Ginn? Highly doubtful.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

A nobody? :ha:

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

well, the only thing ginn has going for him is his 40 time....when he eventually runs it.

meachem out produced him last year in a harder conference. with that said, i dont think meachem goes all the way up to number two. i dont think he passes bowe or jarrett when it is all said and done.

10. im really really surprised by CJ's forty time, and i would love some roberth meacham

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar