Robert Johnson still in recovery mode

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

With all the new additions at safety for the Titans, Robert Johnson wants to get back on the practice field as soon as he can. But Johnson isn’t quite back to full health yet.

The three-year veteran suffered a Lisfranc (midfoot) injury in the 12th game of the season last year, an injury that caused a torn ligament and required season-ending surgery.

“They put screws (in the foot) for that kind of injury and sometimes they leave them in there for life,” Johnson said Monday during a Titans caravan stop. “But with me, they kind of left it in for a few months and then recently took it out because the torn ligament in my foot has built back pretty well. So I’m excited.

“I was worried that it was going to be in for my whole career and I’d have to adjust, and I’d put on cleats and I’d feel the screws rubbing against my cleats. But it’s not there any more and it feels great now.”

Johnson said he’s probably back to about 80 percent right now and hopes to be back on the field by the middle of the Titans’ OTAs in June.

“To tell you the truth, nobody really knows the timetable,” Johnson said. “I feel like I can go, but I have to be smart and kind of just wait until my body tells me, `RoJo, get out there.’ So I’ll be patient.”

Johnson started the first two games last year before returning to a reserve role for most of the rest of the year. He posted 13 tackles and an interception.

Since the end of the season, the Titans have added at least three safeties, signing free agents Bernard Pollard and George Wilson and also drafting Daimion Stafford. Markelle Martin, a safety taken in the sixth round of the 2012 draft, is also expected to be healthy and competitive this season.

But with all those players considered more strong safeties, Johnson is still listed as the second-string free safety — behind Michael Griffin — on the team’s unofficial depth chart.

“With the safeties we have, I want to rush back out there,” Johnson said. “But getting experience last year helped me out a lot. It helped me mentally. I know what I can do and what I’m not able to do. So I just want to sit and wait and let this get to 100 percent, then I should be able to get back maybe in the middle of OTAs. But who knows for sure?”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I thought this would be about him still recovering from his ****** performance last season.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

He should learn to cover before he tries to recover. Measure twice and cut once.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

Bye Bye Rojo, it's been nice knowing you...no scratch that, it will be nice knowing you're gone!:biggrin2:

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Yeah. I'm at about 80% recovery mode from having to watch him play.

7. XO

XO Nevada Native

Robert Johnson blows.

Cut him.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

keep him and cut Griffin.....with a knife

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

a knife inside of a used condom.

• High Five High Five x 7
  10. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

^ WTF?

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar