Robert Johnson interception a confidence builder

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jul 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Third-year safety Robert Johnson made the only interception of Tuesday’s practice, and it was an impressive one. The 6-foot-2, 206-pounder leaped to take a Matt Hasselbeck pass away from tight end Jared Cook over the middle.

The Titans are hoping to see big plays from Johnson this season, as he’s moved up the depth chart to a second-string role behind Michael Griffin.

“The defensive backs have been very aggressive,” coach Mike Munchak said. “They’re going for the ball and they’re making plays and that’s exactly what we’ve been talking about that we really didn’t have last year. So he’s a guy that definitely we want to see step up this year and contribute.”

Johnson said the interception was a relief, as it came on a day that defensive coordinator Jerry Gray had been riding him regularly.

“Coach Gray was getting on me all day today about little things, and he just kept telling me, ‘Relax, just go out there and do what you’re supposed to do,’ ” Johnson said. “The play came to me, I made the play and on top of that, it was against one of the real top quarterbacks and one of the top tight ends. It helps your confidence when you can make a big play.”

Source: Titans Insider

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar