Rob Rang A.K.A. The Dumbest Draft Analyst in the business

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

He also has us taking Anthony Barr now, which I'd LOVE.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He has us taking Barr now.

Some of the comments on this board in response were frankly ignorant. Like one guy asking if Dereck Carr is a legit pro prospect. Yes he is and his brother's lack of success has not a damn thing to do with how good he is.How good is Tom Brady's brother?

Carr has moved up a bit in the rankings and with Hundley, Mariotta and Mannion all staying in school he would be one of the top choices left if we felt like we had to take a QB with the 11th pick.

Carr is a comparable prospect to Mccarron, probably ahead of Boyd now and way ahead of Murray. Just because he has a brother or you don't know much about him doesn't make him less of a prospect.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ram fans have to love his mock. He has them taking Robinson with the 2nd pick and then Marquise Lee with their 13th pick. A lot of mocks have them taking Watkins 2nd but that way they upgrade their O-line and still get a stud WR in Lee.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

and they'll still finish 8-8

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

The only way I wouldn't want us to trade out of 11 is of Barr were there. If he's there it's a no brainier for a 3-4 minded DC.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Im telling you, dont try and figure this staff out.

Last year we were all like "no way they draft a Guard at 11" and what did they do?
    2012 Kendall Wright? Why?? I mean I like Kendall but that was the biggest curve ball in a long time.

We even draft a DE we ask to learn offense one year. Our scouts are hard to put a finger on.

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Yeah, I hear you and you're right. Let's hold out hope that this new staff has been equipped with some common sense.

I know in the past we have so many "WTF" moments on draft day, I just hope that died with Munch and all the scrub coaches. My wife learned when I scream at the TV on draft day, the F.O. drafted guys like VY, Chris Henry, Jamie Harper, Chance Warmack...

Granted RW has a lot to do with our drafts but hopefully input from smart coaches will help steer him in the right direction.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=89872&draftyear=2014&genpos=QB

This site doesn't let you copy their material to paste online but you can read their reports for yourself. According to most observers at the senior bowl Dereck Carr had the best arm of any QB bar none.

According to one analyst he has a "top shelf arm" and throws with "elite velocity".

So why is he out of the question for our 11th pick then? This is a kid who had 50 TDs and only 8 ints. Seems like he can play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar