RIP Steve Sabol

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Sep 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

wait wtf. STEVE sabol?

wow.. i never heard that he had cancer.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I saw this news earlier today, was kinda shocked. He did GREAT work, will be missed.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Love NFL Films—especially those bloopers. He's a key reason for the rise in popularity of the NFL.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Freakin brain cancer.. Terrible way to go.
    Nobody deserves that. Put me in the Soylent Green room with the movies and music etc.
    I remember when NFL was barely on TV. Some Sundays there was no game on TV at all (thanks Miami). Sabol and NFL Films was pure gold - even if it was an "America's Team" or "Steel Curtain" rerun.
    Think this guy had something to do with networks taking a chance on the likes of ESPN? I'd put money on it..

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

RIP to him, the loss of a legend. Condolences to his family & friends.

7. Fishman35

Fishman35 Starter

My father was a pro photographer. When I was a kid, he turned me on to NFL films, saying "look son. Watch how the camera stays on the ball as it leaves the quarterback's hands and ends up in the reciever's hands". I was around 7 years old, but I still remember it. I believe if it wasn't for those films and kind of cheesy songs, I would not be the football nut I am today.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I used to love watching those films.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Believe it or not, I have a CD of that music. I play it on the way to games.

If your dad would allow it, I'd love to see some of his photos if he shot any NFL games.

10. Fishman35

Fishman35 Starter

Just saw this TJ. My father actually never shot sports. He was a combat photographer in Vietnam, then focused on commercial photography after that. He loved football, and especially NFL films. He passed away in 85.

BTW, I love those Sam Spence NFL tunes. Cheesy was not meant in disrespect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar