RIP Scott Weiland

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Dec 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Nirvana was indeed overrated.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  2. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Lots of one hit wonders came out of the 80's, can the same be said for any other era?

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

To me that says more about the industry side of things than the actual bands.
    Gary Numan for example - one hit, but has been making solid records for decades. Devo had one song the pop crowd knows but a freakin epic library of music for anyone who wants more.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Yeah every era has their duds, every genre. I just feel like the 90s has the fewest lasting great songs.
    Pearl jam had quite a few great tunes, and a lot of horrible ones, too. And they are the best that grunge had to offer, IMO.

Nirvana is purely a case of idolizing the dead and wondering what could have been.
    Alice in chains had some great tunes, they seem to be the more talented of that genre.

70s rockers were just prime..Heart, Styx, Boston, and tons more, just out of this world musicians.

I do love the 90s alternative Pop rock like gin blossoms, toad the wet sprocket, etc. but that's probably mostly nostalgia.

#44 nickmsmith, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  5. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Sorry man, but the 70's included disco and Captain & Tennille. The 90's wasn't just grunge and great alt rock for me, but it was also the beginnings of alt country. Uncle Tupelo, Slobberbone, 6 String Drag, Whiskeytown, Son Volt, Richard Buckner, Bottle Rockets... So many amazing independent Americana musicians.

6. Wildwar

Wildwar Starter

Honestly Pearl Jam didn't really impress me much they hit big with Ten and never quite made a big impact on me outside of that. Alice in chains on the hand was amazing Jar of Flies is masterpiece.

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Yes...all of them. It's how the biz works.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Not talking about disco or pop. All eras have horrible pop. But as far as Rock (what you would hear on rock n roll stations), I think 70s is the best decade. Nothing is worse than 2000s-current

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

It changed a ton, but with the type of singing he does, its going to be noticeable when he ages.

Audioslave was unbearable.

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Chris Cornell plus quaaludes minus lost sleep equals Audioslave.

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar