RIP Philip Seymore Hoffman

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by The Hammer, Feb 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Then why not expect everyone who take strong pain meds to react the same? People that get their wisdom teeth taken out, they get some pretty strong ****.. why aren't they resorting to hard drugs? Alot of young people get these surgeries and pain meds, so why isn't there an epidemic?

You say they ended there "by accident".. it's a choice. You take a prescription for pain knowing in a week or two or however long, you will need to stop. A doctor gave you that prescription, he can help ween you off of it just as easily.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I only got T-3s when I had my wisdom teeth out. Stopped taking them because they made me sick.

3. Finnegan2win

I don't know what I had other than they were a steroid and they tripped me out. They were nice.. for the 2 weeks I had them.

Since I liked them I should've gone to harder drugs because that's the same logic as those that say marijuana leads to **** like heroin and meth.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Just make sure you don't bring up self control :)

But I do understand that the people who are on it longer (chronic pain) are more likely to be hooked. I still don't quite get it why they would make that giant leap to heroin.

Some people will go to desperate lengths to get their fix. No doubt.

People beat all kinds of addictions every day. People are not always helpless against it. Willpower or self control, whatever you want to call it, works wonders in all kinds of scenarios.

I know I am not an addict, but you can see people beat it, so it is not totally a victim scenario. The addict is the victim and the perpetrator.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. RTH

RTH Meh...

You're right. Everyone is exactly the same.

As I said earlier, not everything is black and white. Everybody reacts differently to anything.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

You should have a look at the Montana Meth Project commercials. Most successful anti-drug commercials anyone has come up. Reduced meth usage in Montana significantly. Was made by Hollywood people. Pretty ****ed up:

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

And let's be real about the numbers as well. There are a TON of people who fake injuries to get the drugs they want. A lot of people have prescriptions and are lying. No pain.
    These people may be at least a portion of the people who end up on heroin.. Just because they used their health insurance coverage to get themselves high.. And wanted to move onto bigger and more potent things.

I have a friend who is this exact scenario. Now he has to go to a pain doctor.. Lie about pain, just to get stuff to hopefully wean him off of the pain pills. He is off most other drugs now. Was a really straight laced guy in high school, went to college and got heavy into drugs. His own doing, he will admit it.

8. Finnegan2win

They may react differently, but like I said before as well.. the doctor wrote the Rx, he can help ween that same person off as well. It's up to the patient, again.. CHOICE.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Right.. Show me any single instance of this happening..
    You said that because that would make sense - but it RARELY happens.
    The docs just stop writing the script so the patient is on foot trying to keep the insanity going.
    Enter doctor-shopping and street drugs.
    There is a huge culture of script-writing doctors in this country who love nothing more than the fact that their $-paying-patients are gonna keep coming back..

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar