Ringer more explosive than CJ

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNTitans58, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler

I think jplusip is right. We're stuck with CJ for at least one more season. But FWIW I'm not about to put $100 on it.

With the contract we just gave him I can't see them giving up on him that quickly. Even if he finishes the season with 500 yards and a 1.8 ypc average. Unfortunately, they'll give him every opportunity to prove they didn't make a horrible decision paying him all that money. Even after it's painfully obvious he's never going to be the same. Yep, he'll handicap this team for at least one more season.

I hope all the people who were screaming "PAY DA MAN" are happy.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Good point. Also, don't forget that opposing defenses don't try as hard when CJ isn't in the game.
  3. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

I don't buy this. No one in the league is fearing CJ right now, and rightly so.
  4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler

I know. I was joking. Some people are still clinging to that excuse though.
  5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

A lot has changed since the last time he had on a uniform. New coach, new offense, different QB. On top of that the whole lockout ordeal was a huge distraction and because of it he missed camp and pre-season.

Maybe there is something going on internally with CJ.
  6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler

To be fair, he missed camp and pre-season because HE chose to hold out. Not because of the lockout.
  7. Obie09

Obie09 Starter

Yea nobody isn't saying that he didn't cause his own problems but I still think that he has the physical ability to be a productive back in the future for us even if it's not this year and we let Ringer get the major workload for the next 8 games. There's literally no chance they won't give CJ another chance next year and he'll have to prove himself more than ever at the beginning of next year.

I think most of CJ's problems are mental and not physical.
  8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler

I agree. I was just responding directly to CJtheBeast's comment of "On top of that the whole lockout ordeal was a huge distraction and because of it he missed camp and pre-season." Which simply isn't true.
  9. mike75

mike75 Starter Tip Jar Donor

With that big contract i do think they will give him one more year.
  10. tgarner74

tgarner74 Camp Fodder

Roto-World reported on Twitter lastnight that, per Munch; Johnson was still the starter....Lord help us.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.