Ringer more explosive than CJ

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNTitans58, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNTitans58

TNTitans58 Rookie

Never thought I'd say that but it's noticeably evident
  2. wrench248

wrench248 Starter

Ringer hits the holes harder and pushes the pile. CJ walks to the line and falls down at the slightest bit of contact.

Running back by committee here we come.
  3. Obie09

Obie09 Starter

Ringer was having a bad day too with 3.2 YPC before the fourth quarter so I wouldn't put too much stock into it just today specifically.

He did look much better than CJ today though, he's more built for getting yards with no room and hitting the line with authority while CJ's strength is more waiting for a lane. Ringer needs to continue to get more carries or at least split with CJ until the o-line is able to block better and allow CJ to use his strengths (which probably won't even be until next year) :(
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

I think the coaches did a good job of spelling C.J.. The only thing I'd have done different is install Jamie Harper before 3rd down. You can't give a rookie RB with little to no experience the ball for the first time on a 3rd & 3. That was one of the only things from today's win I disagreed with.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. Victory1993

Victory1993 Rookie

When ringer faces eight man fronts come talk to me nobody gameplans for ringer they gameplan for cj although I think we should go to back smash dash like 2008 split carries between cj and ringer that only the way to get running game back on track and it take pressure of cj by bringing him of the bench but after today I believe that the team has given up on cj, I have defened cj for a while after today I cant defend him no longer
    • High Five High Five x 2
  6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Starter

Ringer had just as much defensive pressure as CJ, but he didn't dance for 3 minutes every carry, he took what he could get. Start him for the rest of the year, use CJ as a spell.
  7. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Starter Tip Jar Donor

I would not say more explosive, I would say better suited for the O Line situation we have now. He gets positive yards with smaller creases, and looks to be a better pass receiver, but I am not ready to say he is more explosive.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  8. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Losing faith...

Ringer built for short yardage power back style.
    Cj built for speed and needs lanes to produce.

Bad oline means cj isn't going to produce while ringer who can take a hit and keep trucking will gain more. Explosive? Meh.
  9. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

He looks like he cares a helluva lot more than CJ. BENCH CJ START RINGER
  10. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I'll give it to Ringer that he is more explosive. If your a LB and Ringer and CJ lower their head and try to run through you..you def feel more of an explosion when Ringer hits you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.