Ringer: If things aren’t working right up front, nothing is going to work right

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Architect, Oct 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Anyone who isn't skewing words of a person who isn't very articulate knows that CJ wasn't talking to all fans, just the few who were being racist and cussing at him on twitter.

He's been saying all year this year that he isn't going to blame the o-line and the o-line isn't going to blame him, it's a joint issue. What he said today wasn't really blaming the o-line either, more of him just saying I don't think i'm doing anything wrong (which is wrong anyway). But if you want to twist his words around so be it.

Also, the average football fan (including Titans fans) is a complete idiot that probably can't even name their favorite teams 22 starters (or even half).

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

O-line sucks but so does CJ. And a single quote from Ringer isn't going to change my mind.

3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Actually, when I first read your post on the other thread I read his comments to be throwing the OLine under the bus. Saying "I am not doing anything wrong" after getting 18 yards for the game indicated to me that he was pointing the problem elsewhere....ie throwing the OLine under the bus.

Hopefully the coaching staff gets control of this sooner rather than later. Could become a food fight in the lockerroom again.

4. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

When I actually watched the press conference it didn't really seem like he was though. so idk..watch that and see if it seems that way.

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

BS!, I didn't twist anything, this is what he said,
    Chris Johnson: “If u are watching the game and u can’t tell what's going on with the run game then I'd say u really don’t know football."

If he said he wasn't going to blame the line, then he lied. This is what he said;
    More C.J.: “I wouldn’t say I am the issue.

If he thinks he's not the issue, then what is? Special teams? Get real, stop making up reasons to defend his douchebaggary.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

Lol. How the F is anybody gonna twist CJ's words? I can't even understand 'em.

That right there could be the problem. He might be saying "I need a hole." "A hole, man a hole". And Amano's just hearing, I need a ho. A ho man, a ho.

Then Amano get's upset because he doesn't have any hos and the play just goes downhill from there.

That's an interesting theory. It's about as accurate as the one that it's all on the O-line and about as accurate as the one that it's all CJ.

The correct answer is that CJ lost his speed and never was a very good RB to begin with. Just a track star. And the offensive line also sucks. So when you put a running back that really sucks, behind a center that really sucks, you get a running game that historically sucks.

And that is the stuff of legends.

Seriously it's a joke at this point. Anybody still defending CJ needs to just admit they are a fan of CJ and not the Titans. It was the same thing happening here when VY was blowing games all over the place and people were still sticking by him. They were VY fans, not Titans fans.

And that's okay. It's okay to be a fan of a single player. I don't understand it personally. To me it seems kind of gay. To be a fan of a man and not a city, it kinda seems like a doodcrush. But hey dood, i don't know. I'm not the authority on what's gay and what's not gay. U know?

And the people that think Amano and the line have nothing to do with it need to just admit they just flat out don't like CJ for some reason. Lol. And to that I say, don't hate bro. Don't hate.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I don't see it that way. The racism, excuse was a convenient copout for his popping off at the mouth. Not that I'm saying no one said anything racist to him. I'm sure some did. But his comments were much more broad than that and he never even mentioned racism in his initial tweets.

OF COURSE he was blaming the line. What other way is there to take it?!?
    "I don't think I'm the issue. If you are watching the game and you can’t tell what’s going on with the run game then I’d say u really don’t know football"
    :eh?:

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Jamarcus Russell and his boys left the Raiders stadium back in the days in a Bentley bragging about they were still eating good.

9. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

Really??

He's a damn loser man. I love how he made absolutely no attempt to come back to the NFL either. You could tell he's all about the money. I mean the dude was a MAJOR bust, but I bet you if he came back cleaned up and apologetic SOMEBODY would take a chance on him. There's a shortage of good QBs, and the dude was a killer prospect.

But he def wouldn't get more than a 1 year >1mil contract. And he couldn't care less about rebuilding his image or even the love of football.

I'll bet in two years he's near broke and tries to make a big "comeback".

10. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

The thing with CJ is you can't always take the words that come out of his mouth as what he's truly trying to say. If you read this full thing it sounds like he's saying he needs to take better advantage of the plays that are there as well.

(on being confident that he is not the issue with the run game)

I won’t say that I’m the issue. I’m very confident that I’ve been doing the things that I’ve been having to do. It’s a situation where I continue to say that I can’t do anything but keep running hard and working hard and doing what I can do for this team.

We only had seven points. We can’t go out there and run the ball like that. It’s just the opportunities that I do have to run the ball, I have to take advantage of and we have to execute those plays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar