Ringer: If things aren’t working right up front, nothing is going to work right

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Architect, Oct 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I agree with this for the most part. And I never said I know more about football then anyone. I just don't think theres a back out there who would consistently get those 4, 5, 6 yard chunks you speak of. Breaking a tackle or two definitely helps, but guys who run well consistently get good blocking consistently. Look at Arian Foster for instance. He broke a few tackles yesterday, made a few of our guys look like chumps, but their OLine was moving our DLine out of his way. That's why he was so successful.
    CJ, on the contrary, was getting hit by linebackers and linemen almost as soon as he touched the ball. Even if he breaks a tackle, the play is broken and their defense is hitting him before he even nets a single yard.

2. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

The only way to possible to actually have a chance of ranking O-lines correctly would be if all teams played every team in the league. Different schedules and facing 3 defenses twice a year makes it nearly impossible to have an accurate ranking.

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Worse lines in terms of what? Sacks? Quit saying that our line is better then anyones because we give up less sacks. You're looking at two different skill sets. We're actually good at pass blocking. Unfortunately, we suck at run blocking and our team is built around a RB.

4. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

This may actually be pretty close to the answer now that I've rewatched yesterdays game for CJ's issue. He had quite a few opportunities to actually take off but instead he didn't hit the line with authority.

I also did see a couple runs where he had that same speed that we all remember, but he got hit 2 yards into that run. It's very possible that CJ is still if not as fast as he was still a 4.3-4 or so guy, his whole career everyone always said it looked like he was jogging, when he's struggling, he's running the same possibly speed wise but now everyones going to bring up that he looks slower.

5. theprizdfighter

I haven't seen CJ at full speed this year...or the full speed he once had...that can be attributed to not breaking one...but I haven't seen him look like a bullet out there...he used to be able to take off and blow by anyone if given the space...I haven't seen that burst.

6. theprizdfighter

It's like he is waiting until he has a ten yard circumference of free space around him until he will try and hit that extra gear...he needs to start approaching that gear before that; hit holes at a full run then hit the burners after he gets by the line.

7. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Rookie

javid best had one good game, lesean mccoy is good though. ill tell you what, im somewhat off the CJ is great this year boat. but Deuce you will throw out a different running back every week with a worse line than ours. what team's oline is horrible and rb is good combo will be worse than ours. ill wait and see for your post after next sunday

8. amy

amy Starter

"he needs to start approaching that gear before that; hit holes at a full run then hit the burners after he gets by the line."

Could it be that he is simply scared he will be squashed?

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

oh the juicer with 'over worked athletes syndrome' says something that is self serving - who could imagine such a thing.

Come on. CJsideways is an embarassment at this point.

10. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Rookie

yeah he is, but so is the offensive line. other teams, and our back up running back have taken shots at the line not doing anything. as i have backed CJ untill this week, its time for you offensive line supporters to realize they suck as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar