Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Ringer Baffled By Titans Signing of Greene

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by corymiller, Mar 23, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Moolah:
    $5,590
  2. corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Moolah:
    $5,590
    On my phone so I can't copy and paste the whole article.
  3. oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Moolah:
    $423
    Who's Ringer?
    GoT, ncaalover12 and cWb10 high five this.
  4. griff33daddy Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $1,667
    he hd a 4.05 average while playing sparingly and greene had 4.2 while starting???? who thinks we didnt overpay for greene now?
  5. Carp Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $807
    Ringer wasn't very good, even for a back-up. And hopefully Shon Greene can actually push CJ to play better knowing there is another starting caliber RB on the team.
    Ryno and CJtheBeast high five this.
  6. Titan43 Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $537
    Its easy to have a good average when you only carry the ball a few times ... 1 decent run is all it takes.
    Ryno and Titanup1982 high five this.
  7. Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Morgan
    Moolah:
    $5,076
    I wish we could keep Ringer as our 3rd HB because he would make a great 3rd down back. He was given some opportunities but never capitalized on them.
    GoT high fives this.
  8. steverife Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,719
    Ringer's average is inflated by all the 12 yard gains on a HB draw on 3rd and 26. He is a nice player, he just has CJ size and Shon Greene speed and that doesn't cut it in the NFL. He was notoriously bad against top competition in college, too.

With that said, the team desperately needs a 3rd down back. CJ can block and is definitely a threat, but his hands are inconsistent and I don't want him getting blown up unnecessarily. Greene cannot block or catch worth a damn.
    CJtheBeast high fives this.
  9. GOFIGURETITANS Locker To Start....please

Locker
    Moolah:
    $578
    Ive always been on ringers bandwagon , but last year showed that he may not have what it takes. Hopefully green will bring it for us.
    CJtheBeast high fives this.
  10. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $22,234
    Looking at stats with limited game time is hard to compare. Ringer was never used by us and he was also hurt alot. He is not the same style of back we were looking for. Harper was the hopeful draft pick that could turn into that pounder... But he just never figured out we wanted him to dog it up the middle for 3 hard yards... So instead we just picked up Greene.
    GoT and Titanup1982 high five this.