Right Time for Plaxico Burress?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I agree, and that's my point. Hard to be real excited by a lot at this point in time, but it's a low-risk signing, and as such, not "a real dumb move" at all(I like that line). If there was a right time ever for Burress, this would probably be it. Safe small market place, familiarity with the coach, not an addition that we'd have to rely heavily upon, but could be an asset down the road, and not a big gamble.

2. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

the united states' justice system is so messed up..... one guy gets arrested 6 times and gets away... while another accidently shoots himself in the foot in a club and goes to jail for a long time

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

The way I see it, I think our organization just won't take gambles on any sort of character flaws (either past or present). Take our Locker pick. IMO, not nearly the best QB on the board but from a character standpoint, he was the best (from what I've seen). Do I think it's dumb to concentrate solely on a player's actions off the field? Pretty much. Do I think Plax could come here and play well? Absolutely. Will he? No.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Here's the thing with carrying an illegal concealed weapon: no one knows what your intent is, you can say it's for self defense, but if that's the case, then get a permit and protect yourself. Plaxico did not have the proper papers filed in New York state, so he goes to jail as if he was planning a murder. Kenny on the other hand gets tied up in these petty little things that mean nothing more than he lacks common sense. Also wait to see how Kenny carries himself, he's gonna be all smiles and tell you it was all a misunderstanding.

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I was thinking this morning...

With all the trouble Britt has been getting into Plaxico might actually be a good WR to bring in. Maybe he could mentor Britt and help him stay out of trouble since he got hit so hard due to his gun accident.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Some of the comments seem to ignore the fact he is 34 and has been out of the game for 2 years. He probably can't get open or separate from Cbs any more.

Not to introduce politics to the board but there are many posters who don't think it should be against the law simply to be in possession of a gun. The shooting was an accident. Whatever your politics to give the man 2 years for that is draconian, oppressive.

He's not a terrible character guy he has been injury prone and he hasn't always been a real worker but the main issue is can he still play? I don't think he is any more than bench material so why bother?

Terrell Owens did have 72 catches last year at the age of 36 but that hardly is typical and every team he goes to sucks.

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I agree with the 1st part of your post.

I'd like to see him back on the field before I judge whether he can play or not. Being a good WR isn't always about elite speed.

8. JCBRAVE

Plaxico has amazing range, if a ball is placed within 5-yards of him, he's got a great change of getting to it. That could be valuable if Locker can't fix that accuracy issue.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

He also provides depth and is a veteran. We don't have another WR with his height which could be an asset.

We'd get him for cheap and he'd personally have something to prove. What's the downside of picking him up? We're not hurting for cap space.

10. JCBRAVE

My only trepidation is how the whole Randy Moss experiment went. But now new coaches who seem to want to win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar