Ridiculous hypothetical situation.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, May 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Sorry to inform you that the season isn't won or lost on draft day. If so, the Cardinals, Browns, and Lions would have multiple Super Bowl wins by now.

The cardinals were real "Draft Day Winners" the day they took Leinart.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Perfectly said. Either someone offers the farm to get the pick, or you take Luck anyway. New rookie wage scale would presumably be in place, so it's not the same money. Someone will always be trying to have that discussion with your front office.

Either you are insulated from Locker imploding, or Locker succeeds and you made a ton back on the investment from Luck. Either way, it's win-win for the Titans, knowing they should have their future QB all sewn up.

3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Colt McCoy will go on to be better than Sam Bradford. Bet that. He is deadly accurate. It's not that I think the browns will win 8 games.. its that I give the titans 3-4 wins and the browns 4-6 wins. I have no faith in this scrub coaching staff. They were all losers in the past.. What's going to make it different this time with a gutted out team and a rookie QB?

4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

The browns beat the steelers and patriots last year... Do you see us beating either team last year or this year? Their team got better... Our team got worse. Yeah, we got a new QB, but I dont expect him to lead us to more than a few wins. We have a worse QB, a worse coaching staff, and who knows how much gas CJ has in the tank?

5. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Lol, not going to happen! Until a miracle occurs in the NFC West, we will never be at the very bottom.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Either way it is a win win. If we aren't sold on Locker, and I'm not sure we will know for sure, you take Luck. If you aren't sure on Locker and think he might still be a good QB, you consider a kings ransom for Luck. If you don't get it draft Luck anyway and wait to see what happens. If Locker doesn't pan out you have Luck. If Locker pans out you have two QBs and can still get a nice package for one in a trade. T

he odds are pretty strong that we won't have the top pick anyway but you never know with injuries and a new coaching staff. I do think the FO did the right thing by getting their guy in this draft. The way it is with QBs for all we know Locker could end up being a better pro than Luck.

7. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

you have no idea about football then if you think mccoy will be better than bradford....and that they will have more wins than us....thats just stupidness

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'll take The Browns/Titans bet.. The six losses in their division alone makes that an easy one. The odds are the same of winning the Super Bowl as drafting #1 so the the situation is highly unlikely BUT if you have the #1 pick and if Luck doesn't drop off a bit (which could certainly happen) you have the luxury of trading that pick for a goldmine.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Erick, I like you, and you're even on my goTitans friends list, but are you on drugs? Sam Bradford is IMO the best young QB prospect since Michael Vick, even better than Carson Palmer. Bradford's sophomore season I knew that kid had the ability to be great in the NFL, even with all those shoulder injuries, I mean you can learn to fall & or take a hit. He showed that to be true by playing a full NFL season. Bradford is damn good, and even better than Peyton Manning his rookie season. Colt McCoy can't put any velocity on his throws past 30-yards. How's he going to have a better career than Bradford with that noodle for an arm? And no WR's?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar