Ricky Rubio

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by GeronimoJackson, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Last summer in one of the threads, I said Rubio would be a top 5 PG when he comes here and got hammered for it. From "he sucks" to "a wasted pick" to "will be a scrub in the NBA".

Has anyone watched him play this year? The kid is nasty. Off the charts IQ and court vision. Pinpoint, crisp and smooth. And the most creative passing ability we've seen since Magic.

A lot of analysts in the past have said he's not athletic enough to hang with NBA PG's, but his length actually makes up for his lack of explosiveness, and he's able to use it to be a good slasher and defender.

13 points, 6 rebounds, 9.7 assists, 3.3 steals a game as a starter.

3:21 is a prime example of the IQ and vision...
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb4gIAotxpQ"]Ricky Rubio 12Pts 12Assists vs Miami Heat... - YouTube[/ame]

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah. I thought he'd suck terribly.

And I still can't take him seriously, but he is a good distributer. Not sure how long he'll last, but he does remind me a bit of pistol... and that's about the highest compliment I can give some scrawny white basketball player.

Though most these are just him getting assists from only looking to pass. Basic swing passes where guys are open for 3 and making shots.

3. GeronimoJackson

Jason Kidd was a guy who didn't like to score, just sayin'.

T-Wolves have a lot of talent but don't know what to do with them. They have too many "assets" they need to bundle and trade for stability.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I haven't watched a single Timberwolves game since KG left. Last I heard of Rubio was when he said he wasn't playing in the NBA after getting drafted.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I wonder why he was so terrible in Europe the last year or two...

6. GeronimoJackson

Euro players can't finish at the rim like NBA players can.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

He's doing pretty good, no where near top 5.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. GeronimoJackson

^ I said he's going to be top 5, he's played what, 20 NBA games?

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

He reminds me a lot of Steve Nash without the shooting touch..

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He'll start getting called for that carry he does every time a defender steps his way too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar