Rick Ankiel linked to HGH

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by BigRed3, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3008363

Everyone's golden boy, the comeback kid, Rick Ankiel apparently recieved a 12 month supply of human growth hormone back in 2004. Guess we'll be seeing a 50 game suspension in the not so distant future.

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Another example of how MLB shot themselves in the head. HGH wasn't a banned substance until 2005!!! Reportedly Ankiel had stopped using it before then, so they can't feasibly take any action.

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Yeah I guess you can't really punish someone retroactively, but still kind of funny that the entire country has been on this guy's jock since he's been called up, now this drops.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

He may be the ultimate proof that juicing works. Because the discrepancy before and after would be pretty obvious in both batting average and HR's. The idea that you could take a pitcher and turn him into a hitter is not impossible, but nearly improbable, and in this case he juices, and becomes the dog and pony show with a few years. It's a real jolt to those who say it doesn't help you hit a baseball if it is true.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

Troy Glaus listed too. A pure power hitter.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

Pure gut instinct tells me Ankiel is juiced even now. He's being open, somewhat, but reclusive, and relying on his doctor patient priveledge like it is the 5th ammendment. I think it's 50/50 right now whether he is on the up and up. I feel bad for him if he is, but we've got lots of red lights.

7. a- hole that was soo awesome when he came back to

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar