Rice Released

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3102439

It looks like the rumors floated out on his shoulder were true. Kudos to Reinfeldt for taking a pass. I don't think they gave up much for Simon so it was probably worth the risk signing him.

Funny how most of the time these aging vets who get released from teams who need help rarely work out.

2. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Funny - the Reiny took a lot of heat for our offseason, and DEN & SF were universally praised for theirs. Looking like MR did pretty well for a kind of boring offseason.

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

i agree, hope he doesn't float on to Green Bay

4. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

If he brings in a player that becomes a solid player for us, that's personally when I'll begin to feel a bit easier about it. Not a Fowler or a Harper, but a Bulluck, Hope, Haynesworth, Thorton, Roos, etc.

I don't dislike him. It's just too early either way--to either praise him for bringing someone in or to confirm suspicions like mine that he's a penny pincher and doesn't have the greatest nose for talent (or draft value). Let's hope he can wrangle somebody in this offseason.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

two things; first, one of those type of players has to actually become available. second, we're going to spend a lot of money on him if that type of player did become available(nate clements)

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Just shows no matter what we say about MR, we know nothing.

7. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Yeah i'm definitely stoked on our team. I think we'll be able to see after this season where MR is, who we can get and keep. What is KVB's contract? And Bullock? Will he get Haynesworth to stay?

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

KVB resigned last year.

Not sure about Bulluck, I think he has 2 or 3 years left.

9. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

When Bulluck goes ima be sad.....

10. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

i think he'll retire a titan. He's 30 now, and if his contract expires when he's 33, i doubt he'll be looking for another longterm fat contract elsewhere. Besides, its not like teams are lining up to offer $40 million longterm contracts to 33 year old linebackers. Best i see is him getting a 1 yr contract with us then its goodbye football.. hello afterlife.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar