Rice @ Baptist Sports Park

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by #90, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I guess that is why Strahan wants a new deal. He's like to get about three times that amount in upfront money. Everyone knows how hard it is to live on only 4 mil a year.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:werd:

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

avoidable with a pre-nup

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Anyone want to take a shot at how much Rice will sign for?

He was due $7.5 mil. The Bucs wanted him to take $2 mil off that.

Freeney just signed for $72 mil (6 year) with a $30 mil SB. He ain't Freeney but that gives you an idea of the money being paid out there.

I think Rice will sign for something which hits the cap around $6.5 to $7.5 mil this year. I'm betting he'll get a four or five-year deal with a SB in the range of $16-$20 mil.

We want to pay that for a one-dimensional DE? I don't see it happening.

6. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

I say if he's going to help our team sign him. We have a ton of money just laying around that could be used to improve the team.

7. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Copy the Bears contract with D Walker. Do a 4 or five year contract that makes year #1 a "test drive". We can afford to do his 7.5 or close to it and then structure the contract with option bonus money to be paid before next year. If he proves to be healthy and worth the money, then pay the man.

8. TitanJeff

It's just not "laying around". There are a couple of extensions they need to get locked up (Stewart, Bell and maybe Roos). And there is quite a list of players they'll lose next season who either need to be signed to long-term deals or replaced with other free agents:

Brown
    Troupe
    Haynesworth
    Starks
    LaBoy
    Odom
    Bell
    Hentrich
    Fuller
    Long
    Scaife
    Hill
    Bironas
    Hall
    And a number of backups

I bet a couple on that list also is extended before March '08.

9. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

Here's the thing... Who is willing to pay him that kind of money at this juncture?

Maybe Detroit has it and I am not aware, but I'm not so sure anyone is going to pony up that kind of cash right now.

He has to sign somewhere...

(On Second thought, That's not that much cash, I would be happy if the Titans signed him for a little less than that)

10. TitanJeff

I'm guessing he'll get $18 mil or more guaranteed after what we saw being paid to second-tier players this summer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar