Rewatched every pass play from past 2 games

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shane_mcmurdo, Oct 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I'm a Mariota fan and I still believe in him...but play calling or not, he has to be better. He has been very bad. I'll easily admit that.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

He's never going to admit that, save your time. Had Andre caught the pass, the end result would have been the same since he was 4 yards short of the sticks with a db draped on his back like a cape.

3. Bonky

Not hard at all, especially because it's true. Why is it so hard for some of you to admit that receivers not running their routes have contributed just as much?

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Mariota is gonna play good soldier and take the blame for everything...even things that are not his fault. Why? So fans blame him and not his teammates. That's what leaders do. Did Mariota say its on AJ for not being at the right place at the right time?

Last year, we had a chance to comeback in a game and Mariota throws a medium pass down the sideline for Kendall Wright. It gets picked and Wright got banged up on the play. Everyone blames Mariota and he takes the blame and says he should have done something else. It's only later when Wright is explaining the play that someone notices Justin Hunter didn't run the route Wright describes. Then we figure out that the pick was essentially caused by Hunter running the wrong route AND from him running it poorly. Mariota made the right read and the right throw. Did he blame Hunter? No.

I'm sure Mariota was being honest about some throws he made when he's been a bit sloppy with his footwork and he missed some throws. But if you're throwing a 4th down slant on a timing throw and your WR stumbles...it's gonna be a problem.

And all throws have a timing element which is why qb's take 0, 3, 5, and 7 step drops. They also can add a hitch to each or fire when they are set to throw after the drop step. Ironically, Robiskie even mentions this in his interview. So AJ stumbling threw the timing off. If you want to ignore it, like some people want to ignore the effect of play calling, wrs running the correct routes/depths and fighting for the ball, that is your prerogative. But it's not accurate. And neither is suggesting that there is no timing element to these throws. Some offenses are very stringent about a wr being at the right spot at the right time (whiz's is one of these). While this offense is a carryover from whiz's, I can't say for certain. If it is, the qb with throw it to a spot at a specific time and it's up to the wr to be there.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Where did Mariota say he threw 'terrible passes and that was one of them?'

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Bonky

I wouldn't expect much of a reply that makes any sense. Especially from someone who joined in July of this year and accused me of being an Oregon band-waggoner.

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Y'all still tryna find a place to point the figure?

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Bonky

At this point, what does it matter? On to Miami, Go Titans!

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Trying to help some people with a reality check so if Mariota throws another contested ball out WR turns into an INT, I don't have to read more trade Mariota threads!

Funny, a lot of the people who want to Trade Mariota don't want to fire Mularkey!!!

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

upload_2016-10-8_3-38-26.png

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar