Rewatched every pass play from past 2 games

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shane_mcmurdo, Oct 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

You must have been a big Oregon fan. Only someone like that would keep defending someone that admitted he threw some terrible passes. That was one of them. Grow up...really. Heroworship is for kids.

2. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Probably, because at an angle of 75 degrees it would probably hit the ground at the 5 yard line :D

3. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Now I remember why I had you on ignore.

4. Bonky

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. I've never followed Oregon. Check my profile, I've been a member here for a minute or two.

5. Bonky

Have another beer and argue about vectors and high school education some more.

6. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

When you wrestle with pigs, you both get dirty, but the pig likes it. Bye bye.

7. meekmode

meekmode Starter

This never happened.

• LOL LOL x 2
  8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

You most certainly CAN catch a pass high on a slant. It is not the preferred placement for run after the catch but on 4th down plays to big WRs, you might throw it high if he's gonna come down past the sticks just to give him more separation from a smaller DB.

On Fourth down, and with our wrs not getting separation, your goal is the conversion, not run after the catch! Follow?

9. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Yeah, but we needed 6 yards, so it was an imperative run after catch deal. And it was 4th down, so we had to convert. If you want those yards you better get the ball as close to the receiver as you can so he doesn't have to adjust or break his stride. One hesitation and the defender has him short of the sticks. The play was there, we just didn't execute. What I am saying is the ball came out early because he was clear, so it was a run and catch deal, not a get to the sticks and catch deal. With his size he can get to the sticks just falling forward with a good pass.

10. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Why is it so hard for some of you to say...

"Mariota's accuracy has contributed to the problems on offense"?

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar