Reuben Foster Fails Drug Test

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titanthakur, Apr 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I mentioned Ray in another thread, he had injury concerns as well as a misdemeanor drug charge the week before the draft. He went 23rd overall.

Foster might fall but I can't see him to falling past 2

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

The only bad part is that he's now in the league substance abuse policy, which means he could end up getting suspended and missing time. I think it does take a few more failures though to lose games.

On the other side of the story, the diluted sample is such a farce. It's very simple to get an accurate test: just have them take the test again the next day or even in a few days. If the person has THC in their system, the levels aren't going to change much at all within a few days. If they keep showing up as diluted, then sure, fail them. But one diluted test is an absurd failure rate.

3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

If (hypothetically) we were to trade down with the Browns and got their 33rd overall pick and Foster was there we would be stupid not to take him.

Heck we might be stupid for not taking him at 18th overall in the scenario

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. STEVE McFLARE

STEVE McFLARE Starter

If we get a 2nd round pick and don't use it on this guy if he is still available I would be upset.

5. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

They should really be doing blood test. These are multi million dollar investments teams and the NFL as a whole are making...if they're THAT worried about it, do it right.

The only thing about giving them a few days between test is that most drugs besides marijuana can disappear pretty quickly. So yeah, you might get a better feel for if the player smokes pot (gasp) but other drugs would be harder to detect.

Either way, I think there are enough teams that will take a chance if they think (or know) a player smokes pot if the ability is there to not knock them down too far in the draft.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

There are people here who want to trade for Josh Gordon :crazy:

7. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

I can guarantee that virtually no one in the league gives a damn about pot, aside for the PR image of it, but even that is beginning to wane. The public is beginning to really not give a damn too.

Good point about the other drugs though, but you'd have to be a colossal idiot to be doing harder stuff before you know for 100% certainty that you'll be tested.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

depends on the employer/agency. In some cases, it's an instant failure if it's too diluted. In other cases, they do a retest ASAP. Depends on that company's policy. For Child protective services here, it's an instant failure if diluted.. for companies' pre-employment screens, they usually retest.

A lot of times people will overload themselves with water to clear out their system.. which is honestly smart. makes it less concentrated.. so makes it more likely to beat the cutoffs. If I have a friend who is nervous, I tell them to be well hydrated, but not too much.

It's a fine line. Too much water, and it's dilute, you could be screwed.

when you're dehydrated, the pee is super concentrated and it will obviously raise the amount of traceable drug metabolites.'

So this dude was likely trying to game the system and went overboard, though it does happen accidentally sometimes.

#88 nickmsmith, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I heard blueberries can help

10. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

only drug test i ever took was in high school and my parents gave it to me. that thing lit up like hong kong

• LOL LOL x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar