Respecting Air?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

?
    Steve was drafted by the Oilers in '95
    first year as a 16 game starter came in '97
    '99 he played in only 11 games and had one of his least productive years of his career (2179yds / 12td's ... not exactly "superstar" status ... however, he did rush for 8 td's)

if anyone was our 'star' in '99 i'd make a case for Eddie
    taking that a step farther,...... I'd expect if Steve's number is to be retired ....... Eddie's should be too ...... at a joint ceremony even

and don't give up on Steve bidding for a bust, that still may happen
    not everyone with a SB win is in the hall

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

?
    Titan not Oiler and winning a SB would give him a chance to be in the HOF it's not all about the SB.

3. The Playmaker

After the SB season he did become a star. Never missed a play-off start and played hurt most of the time.

4. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I think you should have to be in the hall to have your team retire your number, unless your Brett Favre

5. The Playmaker

That or you were a significant impact for your team.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Then every team would run out of numbers...

7. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

There is no way that McNair makes the Hall of Fame. His numbers are not even near good enough for the Hall . . . and I mean by today's standards.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Titans / Oilers .... same same
    his first year as a Titan was also Eddie's

and I don't think winning the SB would have any effect on Steve's bid
    had we done it a few times, then that may have had an impact

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

now.... had Steve decided to sign a 1day "retirement" deal to retire as a Titan instead of a fracking Raven, then I might be a little more open to this .... but as I see it, he retired as a Baltimore Raven ... let them retire his number

10. pacman jOWNS

pacman jOWNS Camp Fodder

hell yea retire it, have it hang from LP field. hes one of the biggest ballers this franchise will see

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar